Discussion: GOP Rep.: Actually, 'Illegal Aliens' May Have Caused Measles Outbreak

Discussion for article #232826

According to the World Health Organization, immunization for measles in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, where a majority of undocumented children have recently emigrated from, is about 93 percent. Children are also vaccinated at processing facilities just across the border.

So in other words, those countries have the same if not better rates of vaccination rates than the US. Way to go Rep. Mel Brooks…You sir, are a fucking ignoramus.

23 Likes

It is the fault of the brown horde… ergo Obama is brown therefore he is the spread of the diseases killing the children. Full on Right-wing Nut Job.

Is there any way to deport the assholes that start these hate filled rants?

1 Like

Texas should have been a Blue state. Florida should have been a Blue state ALL THE TIME (and not just the last couple of Presidential cycles).

If Latinos manage to stay asleep at the ballot box, all the “novelas” that send them to the land of make-believe (with their blond TV characters actually speaking Spanish) will not prevent them from, upon shutting the TV off, returning to an America run by a Congress full of “sin verguenzas” like this one.

1 Like

“It might be the enterovirus that has a heavy presence in Central and South America that has caused deaths of American children over the past 6 to 9 months. It might be this measles outbreak.”

Or, it might not be, dumbass.

2 Likes

So…even if he were correct, the virus doesn’t spread without anti-vaccination idiots in the US. smh

8 Likes

which is a good reason to get vaccinated, I think.

3 Likes

Alabama.

The End.

8 Likes

BOOM! haha

1 Like

“I don’t think there is any healthcare professional who has examined the
fact, who could honestly say that Americans have not died because the
diseases brought into America by illegal aliens who are not properly
health care screened, as lawful immigrants are,” Brooks responded

OK. First, is that quote in English, and has anyone confirmed Mo was born in the US?

Second, can any Republican Congressman say with certainty that “Americans have not died because” Christian fundamentalist fanatics have refused to vaccinate their children?

And third, is there any part of Mo’s quote that contains any truth whatsoever?

4 Likes

Actually, it was the idiot Americans who refused to allow their children to be vaccinated who are to blame.

Don’t want measles? Get your FUCKING KIDS VACCINATED.

8 Likes

Another one speaking Palinese.

2 Likes

How did the immigrants not get the ebola messed up with vials of measles?

1 Like

I owe you a coke!

You know, this is a proper example of invoking the Nazis, particularly Julius Streicher, who had no problems equating Jews with rats and being disease carriers.

7 Likes

“I don’t think there is any healthcare professional who has examined the fact, who could honestly say that Americans have not died because the diseases brought into America by illegal aliens who are not properly health care screened, as lawful immigrants are,”

Teatroll Rosetta Stone: “Nobody has proven [this negative], sooooooo…”

1 Like

This statement is so ignorant, and so full of hate. Let’s think for a second. The outbreak was centered at Disney Land. Now while “lawful immigrants” may be “health screened,” I do not believe that we ask every single tourist if he received a every vaccine. Furthermore, the vaccine is 95% effective. That means there is a good chance that whoever “brought this into the country” was vaccinated.

His statement suggests that an illegal immigrant came to the US, unvaccinated, with the measles, and then visited Disney Land. That is such a stupid idea that you would have to be from Alabama to say it.

3 Likes

You know Sniffit, I could write that same line on almost most stories I see here on a daily basis. “You sir (or ma’am), are a fucking ignoramus” applies to 2/3rds of the stories about politicians and their lackeys, and 99.9% of stories about Republicans that are covered here.

6 Likes

Honest question: Do we “health screen” lawful immigrants? When? How? This idea of “health screening” seems so unlikely to me. Most “lawful immigrants” I know are on temporary work visas, and I don’t believe any of them were given a physical at the border.

The vaccination debate in the 1930’s.

15 Likes