Discussion: GOP Lawmaker 'Deeply Sorry' For Saying Blacks On 'Welfare Crazy Checks'

Discussion for article #233358

And that’s what happens when you forget to use your inside-your-own-head voice.

11 Likes

“I didn’t do it with intent” – what does that even mean? I didn’t do it with intent to get called out on it? This is a truly repellent specimen of a human being.

15 Likes

I am sure he apologized to the checks for calling them welfare crazy.

2 Likes

“I didn’t do anything wrong. The guy made me look like a fool.”

You made yourself look like a fool, fool. The reporter just gave you a forum

9 Likes

And still not a clue was had about what was actually wrong with what he said.

12 Likes

What the hell is on top of his head?

2 Likes

Well to be fair he seems to have no clue what he is actually saying, either. He’s terribly sorry; there’s no excuse; but he didn’t do anything wrong. Apparently running off at the mouth is his preferred mode of communication.

2 Likes

“Deeply sorry if - you know - anyone was offended”

4 Likes

Anyone here who read the original story could’ve written the followup word salad trying to pass for an apology. What this asshat knows is the the Clarion Ledger newspaper is calling for him to not run for reelection.

3 Likes

Could be the same wool rug he’s pulled over his eyes.

3 Likes

Translation: Newspaper called me and told me they have it all on tape.

1 Like

With all due respect, this is bullshit. He is not really sorry at all, he’s just sorry he got called out on it.

7 Likes

I think he really means…“I’m deeply sorry I got caught.”

8 Likes

I do not accept his apology.

2 Likes

It looks like Donald Trump, Rand Paul and this State Rep have the same hair stylist

1 Like

Same ole shit, just a different day. I guess he forgot about all those lazy white folks getting those crazy welfare checks.

7 Likes

Umm… you may want to have a closer look at the insignia on his shirt. It resembles the current logo for the KKK.

1 Like

This is such a recurring pattern, it really makes one wonder if these guys are sincere.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why when these bigots speak their minds we demand apologizes. What are they apologizing for? We all know that they are not sorry.

4 Likes