Discussion: GOP Delays Vote On Foundering Immigration Bill As Right-Wing Version Fails

You win…best joke of the day!

3 Likes

And now they’ve delayed it until next week. Because even the Rs weren’t willing to stay in town on a Friday to vote on it.

1 Like

yes it is the party of stupid. The jobs immigrants want and will do American workers reject, even in the Trump organizations - the menial jobs.
Yet the raids continue on chicken processing plants where they remove the gizzards and feathers. Idiocy abounds in the present admin.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Just WOW! When is Mueller going to present his report so we can finally move to remove this blight on the US?

2 Likes

Incitement to violence? Really? I prefer to have faith in the system and work through things using the tools that have worked for over 200 years. Remember - “If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate…”

2 Likes

Apartheid in Australia? Who would have thought?
Whites are alike all over, apparently no surprise there ! Except they need brownies, because they’re not so smart and there are more of them. It happened in here but true all over. Damn

1 Like

My point is that the Aussies, despite a despicable history, seem to have learned something over time. My hope is that Americans can take some of these hard-learned lessons to heart, particularly this prison camp business, and fix it. Regularized movement of all should be possible in a first-best world. Otherwise we are fucked in a Trumpian, Orbanish race to the bottom.

3 Likes

I knew he would be no upgrade on Bohener, because Boehner knew the system, whereas Ryan thinks he’s better than the system.

Hint, yer not.

4 Likes

But what about morris dancing?

Agreed. The stakes couldn’t be higher and yet they simply can’t find a way to form around a bill. They truly don’t deserve to be in charge.

2 Likes

This from Jim Wallis at Sojourners:

Pence’s Speech at the Southern Baptist’s Annual Meeting Was More like a Trump Rally (by John Fea)

The vice president used the word “president” 61 times in his speech and “Trump” 12 times. He used the word “God” 9 times and “Christ” only twice.

Whitey apparently has found God and he’s Donald J. Trump. So has the Christian Right given up on Jesus after hiding behind Him for so many decades?

4 Likes

My perspective from across the ditch is that Australia has made a lot of progress on embracing multi-cultural immigration (naru island aside). but not as much on anti-aboriginal racism, even though both policies were abolished at about the same time : A 1967 referendum amended the constitution to grant aboriginal people citizenship (prior to that they were not even considered ‘people’ by the census)

“Half Caste” aboriginal children were also removed from their families until the seventies (the stolen generation)

the “white Australia” immigration policy was abolished finally in 1975.

Australia has made a lot of progress in 40 years. I hope we can do the same

2 Likes

Gee, the DC media’s “wonk” once again falls flat on his face trying to pass the most basic of legislation just in his own caucus. Possibly the 2nd greatest thing to happen in January of 2019 will be watching Paul Ryan leave Washington (the first greatest thing will be the Democrats taking control of the House and/or Senate).

4 Likes

When your last name ends in a vowel like Barletta you ought to be a little more less hostile to immigrants.

1 Like

No doubt the GOP is filled with cold hearts and are incompetent when it comes to running the government, but we need to put more pressure on our Democratic allies in terms of not just talking the talk but walking the walk. Lest we forget, we controlled everything from 2009-2011 and they never even tried to push for comprehensive immigration reform. I know they were working on health care but they didn’t need to take everyone who was working on that away to write up a good immigration bill. Sometimes I think the Dems want the issue more than they want a fix.

The racist GOP will never be happy until all “colored” self deport.

1 Like

The dems did not need to work on healtcare, they could have supported Medicare buy in for all as it exists. Plus drug pricing. Good first steps.

Paul Ryan. Spineless jellyfish and worst, most impotent house speaker ever. Low energy. Fail. Sad.

1 Like

Guess who native Americans wish will self deport?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available