Discussion: GOP Children's Health Care Stopgap Cuts $750M From Public Health Fund

4 Likes

3 Likes

Democrats have leverage. Reject anything other than clean CHIP and DACA bills. Let the Trump shut down the government if they won’t agree. The Trump GOP just passed the tax heist enriching the wealthy and large corporations, so any shutdown is on them for their selfishness.

21 Likes

I completely agree. Shut it down, take a stand. Orange Hitler and the GOP broke these programs, and they shoulder the blame for a shut-down.

Hold. the. line.

21 Likes

Democrats have pressed the GOP to reauthorize funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Programs (also known as CHIP).

Republican leadership, however, has scheduled votes only for a proposed GOP alternative, the Continuing Rape of America Program (also known as CRAP), which denies healthcare coverage for children unless their parents hand them over for medical experimentation.

The White House has promised to sign CRAP legislation before the end of the year.

20 Likes

Hold the line. This is a Hill worth dying on.

14 Likes

The top secret GOP Health Plan.

7 Likes

Followed by the SHIT resolution?

(Still Hillary Is Target).

11 Likes

Who needs healthy kids. All they do is work and pay taxes. Can’t have taxes. Might have roads and bridges.
If you vote for a conservative you are un-American and an enemy of this nation.

8 Likes

If the Dems do not shut it down, I give up~

1 Like

LOL. Talk about rearranging the deck chairs…

2 Likes

Shorter GOP: “Here…your table scraps shall consist partly of an increase in the child tax credit. Now, please excuse us while we kill your children.”

3 Likes

This -after they just robbed the Treasury to pay off their plutocratic overlords - is highly offensive and disgusting. Impossible not to connect the two with a straight line.

8 Likes

Boy oh boy are the Dems doing a great job hooting and hollering all over the MSM about this…

1 Like

Where’s GIllibrand? She had time to get all up in the spotlight to screw us out of Franken, but she’s nowhere to be found on the kids and public health? Hmmmmm…

10 Likes

You really do like to just stir pots.

4 Likes

I’m all in favor of assuring health care for everone, especially children, but I am confused by this debate. Hopefully, a TPM commenter can help me here.

CHIP was originally passed in the wake of the failure of the Clinton universal health care plan— “Hillary care”. The idea was that even if we can’t get healthcare for everyone, we should make sure the kids are taken care of. Hillary got bipartisan support for thst idea. Now fast forwad 20-odd years and we have Obamacare, which dramstically increases Medicaid and creates a universally available, subsidized health insurance market for everyone else who doesnf’t otherwise have health insurance, including kids. So, my question is, Why do we need CHIP when every one of these kids could be covered by obamacare?

Repuglicans are completely incapable of doing anything that does not harm or screw large numbers of people, even children. They are truly repugnant and hateful.

4 Likes

Why would Democrats be responsible for a shutdown? Republicans have both chambers right now.

3 Likes

Because you can fool (almost) all of the people some of the time.

7 Likes