Discussion: GOP Candidate: Bible Says Environment Is 'Here For Our Use'

Discussion for article #225143

What about the many of us out here who don’t believe in your silly book of fairy tales? I’d like the earth to be around a lot longer than asswipes like you would.

20 Likes

Does that mean the environment is here for our “misuse?” Does that mean it’s ok for us to destroy the environment? That would be one ass backwards Bible interpretation.

15 Likes

He moves pretty quickly away from that biblical “replenish” line, doesn’t he?

5 Likes

I care what the bible says about as much as I care what Rush Limpbahh says. The bible has many useful urban myths from a few centuries back but as reference materials go it’s no more useful than the number one seller on this weeks New York Times Best Seller (Fiction) List.

The bible also has some very nice things to say about treating your fellow human as you would like to be treated, etc., but the GOTP interprets this as ***“do unto others before they do unto you”***.

A slight but noticeable difference.

Now, I’ll go get my popcorn ready for when our trolls chime in on this’un.

21 Likes

Can’t wait until he gets to the part about leaving the land fallow and allowing THE POOR to glean what they can from other crops AND NOT PAY FOR IT.

25 Likes

Pretty sure women are there for my use, too.

Start working up a schedule, ladies! I’ll be doing stretches.

20 Likes

Sharia Law!!!

3 Likes

Grand Prize Award

4 Likes

“The Earth was put here for the benefit of man”

OK I don’t know dick about the Bible, but that don’t sound like no verse I ever heard. Paraphrase much?

6 Likes

Science says the earth was put here for dinosaurs, until that darned asteroid wiped them out anyway.

4 Likes

Really, when we talk about energy problems, most of the energy problems are caused by environmentalists,” he said.

'Cos as everyone knows, a “Friends of the Earth” member driving a Prius is way more polluting than some redneck, jackoff in a gargantuan 4x4 diesel pickup towing one of those odious boats with an array of giant chrome pipes sticking out of the back of the engine.

10 Likes

It’s the Modern GOTP version written in invisible ink.

11 Likes

Wow, the number of stupid-things-said-per-word rate in this article is positivity Palin-esq.

10 Likes

I was prepared to mock him for the same reason, but I didn’t find cause to in anything he said.

Where he fell down the rabbit hole and joined the Tea Party was when he criticized wind power for dependence on government support while promoting nuclear energy and ignoring the vastly more important role of government support for nuclear power plants.

10 Likes

why do you care about humanity, when you believe in the rapture?

8 Likes

If someone is running for a political office and brings up the bible as the basis of his/her thinking, that should automatically disqualify them from holding office at any level.

20 Likes

Ah yes, the cafeteria Christian who needs the Old Testament to be literally true for some things but not for others. How convenient.

16 Likes

That’s the great thing about religion, when the broken clock hits the right time of the day, you only need to wait a second to be reminded just how wrong it is.

5 Likes

This is so stupid I can’t think of anything to say. It doesn’t reach minimum requirements for verbal abuse. I need more to work with here.

9 Likes