Discussion: GOP Campaign Chair Sees '100 Year' House Majority

Discussion for article #229846

Idiot.

4 Likes

Yeah yeah…we’ve heard all about your “permanent majority” fantasies before…and look how they turned out last time. You do realize that another census will be done in 2020, don’t you? That gerrymandering is a temporary bandaid approach to making sure the fix is in?

8 Likes

Is he shaving yet?

2 Likes

The one thing I want to see before the end of my life is the South falling to demographic shift

5 Likes

You have GOT to be kidding me. 100 years? Are they really that delusional?

The country is going to be majority-minority LONG before that. There’s a point at which even poor turnout and voter suppression won’t be able to muzzle the actual electorate. By winning now, thinking this gerentological electorate strategy is a long-term coalition, and aggressively moving to alienate everyone else, the GOP is sealing it’s long-term fate.

It’s going to be a lot more long-term than we’d like, but it’s still going to happen… and in a lot less than 100 years.

2 Likes

And… the “largest house majority” since 1928 is a bellwether for the immediate future.

Well, he is a Republican.

Hubris. Because masses of elderly white folks are the only ones who will ever vote again.

4 Likes

The Hundred Year Reich

7 Likes

he meant 100 months…

1 Like

The greasy haired 70 something year old guy voting at the machine next to me yesterday had a horrible combination odor of BO and stale cigarette smoke that nearly gagged me.

I already saw the movie.

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes up. This goes all the way to the SCOTUS and the conservatives gutting the VRA to make it harder to catch that kind of discrimination in a timely manner. Gerrymandering is a temporary fix, for sure, but rulings like the VRA ruling make that temporary-ness a longer period of time. It’s all part of the plan, and don’t doubt that it’s talked about quite literally and explicitly in these terms. “We need to gut the VRA so we can change the voting rules and make it harder for these fucking brownies to vote.” “We need the VRA out of the way of our gerrymandering because census data is just going to keep getting worse.” “We need federal court and SCOTUS rulings that make it impossible to challenge voting law changes too close to election so we can influence elections by enacting them or having them go into effect too close to the election to be challenged.” That is what goes on behind closed doors at places like the Cato Institute, ALEC and AEI. LITERALLY.

5 Likes

Karl Rove thought the same thing in 2002.

5 Likes

The first 10 minutes of that movie are the funniest and most depressingly true moments in film history.

1 Like

All we need to do is look to our history to see how the GOP crashed the economy in 1929. TADA, Here we go again. Where is Roosevelt? We are going to have to dig him up.

Reads like a mistranslation from the original German.

1 Like

What are they going to do when everyone has an ID?

1 Like

Hey, totally true! Nothing you do can change that, so do whatever you want! Blow the rich, fuck the rest of us, pad you’re own wallets, impeach the president, dismantle Obamacare because the sky’s the limit and there will be no electoral consequences for you! It’s like a hundred year “Get out of Consequences Free” card from God himself. Go, ahead, can’t go wrong because people love you that much and only old frightened white people can vote, anyway!

3 Likes