Discussion: Google Will Now Be Part Of Holding Company Called Alphabet

Discussion for article #239278

So this means WHAT for the future of Google, Youtube, etc.? I am leery of holding companies, as leery and Teddy Roosevelt was of trusts. Please explain wha this means.

Does this mean that Google can make mistakes and not be sued?

Does it mean that the holding company cannot be sued for misinforming the world on the internet?

We need some actual research, legal scholarship, and history of “holding companies” to make any sense of this click you brought us to.

1 Like

Google To Become Part Of New Holding Company Called “Alphabet”

Words fail me.

2 Likes

I was wondering if there might be a tax-avoidance aspect to this.

1 Like

Keep searching…just not with google!

On a barely related subject has anyone had trouble with Chrome lately. I recently had a Windows 8 laptop using Chrome and Chrome died. After trying several things I uninstalled Chrome but now I can’t get it to down load to try reinstalling. My other machine laptop with Windows 7 has had no problems using Chrome.