Discussion: Gold Star Families Demand Trump Apologize For 'Repugnant' Khan Attacks

“…and the wheels of the clowncar fall off, off, off.”

21 Likes

It’s time for the media and the GOP to stand up to Trump and abandon him. Of course, they won’t. And it’s time for the DNC to start airing ads going after Trump for this crap.

13 Likes

The ads are probably in post-production as we speak.

17 Likes

If the GOP wanted to have a truly honorable candidate, they would nominate Mr. Khan.

5 Likes

What “media?” Be specific.

1 Like

Trump: I never apologize because I am never wrong. Never Ever.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Get ready for a Trump tweet: “If you die are or captured, your a loser! Nobody likes a loser! Sad!”

9 Likes

Don’t hold your breath on that apology, Trump doesn’t do apologies.

8 Likes

The screaming racist orangutan’s respect for men and women in uniform really needs to become a theme unto itself in the DNC’s ads. Don’t forget to put in the part where he claimed that his effort to avoid STD’s during the 70’s was his “own Vietnam,” or where he said going to military school gave him more military experience than a lot of people who actually served in the military. Be brutal. Peel away some of the Republican waverers.

15 Likes

And now he has his own personal Waterloo!

1 Like

I wonder if pissing off the Gold Star families was really all that good of an idea? Heck, it could even snowball on him if he’s not careful. /s

5 Likes

Keep Trump’s fat ass on the hot charcoals!

3 Likes

We may have hit it.The turning point, a bridge too far
The ABC news last night courtesy of the Stephanopolis interview did a point by point “watch the tape” repudiation of every Trump lie.
All we need now is a Trump tweet asking “why are these Gold Star families picking on me . I am a great supporter of Gold Star ,I’ve given millions to Gold Star charities”
He will lash out . You and I both know it

18 Likes

There was a really good article in the Guardian about how Trump voters are motivated by a craving for respect. Oversimplified, they feel that everyone is respected except white working class folks. See link below.

ttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/30/what-do-donald-trump-voters-want-respect

But even Trump’s supporters in that camp know everyone in the Khan family deserves our utmost respect. Trump has run into a buzzsaw of his own making.

7 Likes

They are all Hillary supporters! Of course he has a right to defend himself against vicious attacks!

“This goes beyond politics. It is about a sense of decency. That kind decency you mock as ‘political correctness.’”

This is well put. I think they are entirely correct in equating the rejection of “political correctness” with a rejection of decency generally. It is basically an invitation to throw off all moral restraints and freely shout out every hateful or racist or violent thought that comes into your mind. The fact that the rejection of “political correctness” in this sense has been so enthusiastically accepted (do you remember how much applause Trump got during his acceptance speech when he mentioned the term?) scares me more than anything as far as the stability of our society is concerned.

15 Likes

There it is :smiley:

Everyone remember what Hillary said in her speech and in her slogan. “Stronger Together”. We don’t do any of this alone.

And sure enough, the Khan’s aren’t alone…the families of other fallen soldiers stand up to get their back against Trump.

29 Likes

Well, they are now, at any rate :wink:

11 Likes