Discussion: Giuliani: Obama Should Say'Kinds Of Stuff Bill Cosby Used To Say'

Discussion for article #234259

Huh? Jello?

Oh, and… (palmface)

8 Likes

Guess Rudina doesn’t want anyone to mention Bernie Kerik, though

14 Likes

Crime is at a fifty year low. The only people who don’t know this are old white people who watch Fox and lots of local news.

44 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that no matter what Pres. Obama says or doesn’t say, Republicans like Gui911iani will find something to criticize. I think the issue here is that Gui911iani feels all the problems in the Black community is laid at Pres. Obama’s feet and since they weren’t magically solved by a speech Nov 5 2008, then it’s all Pres. Obama’s fault.
Obama has continually acknowledged the hard job the police has, but that doesn’t mean they are perfect or shouldn’t be held accountable when they do shit wrong. But of course that seems to be what Gui911iani wants, facts be damned.
I’m happy and thankful Pres. Obama speaks to us like we are adults and not some kid being told about the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.

By the way, Cosby going around wagging his finger and insulting the Black community while many right wingers screamed with glee helped nothing. And then there’s the matter where Cosby was no model citizen himself…

31 Likes

“I hate to mention it…”

yeah, no you don’t

9 Likes

Could we just stop making everything Giuliani says into a news story? It is sort of like when your grandpa, who is careening toward dementia, starts saying rancid stuff just because otherwise everyone ignores him. The only way to get him to shut up is just not make an issue out of it when he says it.

31 Likes

What a shame that 25 or so women haven’t come forward to accuse the President of rape. Why can’t he be more like Cosby?

28 Likes

I definitely agree but it’s not going to happen any time soon, if at all

3 Likes

"Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani ® just can’t resist talking about race. "

Racists never can.

11 Likes

The President is in town today (West LA/Santa Monica/Burbank) When I was still working (recently retired YAYYYY), I used to leave work early to avoid the crazy traffic nightmare, but I refused to complain because I love this President and we can put up with the inconvenience for his sake. In Los Angeles we never needed any help with traffic issues, it is an everyday nightmare…

5 Likes

Typical rude-ee

Holding up the rapist for the POTUS to emulate. You just can’t make this stuff up!!

7 Likes

Maybe Giulianni hasn’t been paying attention these past several years, but the crime rate is at a 50-year low, Obama is constantly praising police officers and promoting civic values within black communities, and Bill Cosby has been revealed as a rapist and hypocrite.

Is it necessary for modern-day conservatives to just ignore reality in order to function?

16 Likes

When you feel the need to preface your public statements with “I hate to mention it…” or “I know this is a terrible thing to say…”, that’s a pretty good sign you may want to stop making so many public statements.

4 Likes

Thank you, Daniel Strauss, for explicitly saying the claim being made is false. If every single story in every news outlet were handled similarly we might start getting somewhere.

8 Likes

You could order a truckload of assholes, and if they only sent one-Guiliani, you would have gotten what you paid for… or in legal jargon “substantial performance”

8 Likes

In principle I agree. However, just because we here on TPM decide to stop covering him doesn’t mean he’ll stop talking. As long as someone will give him two turntables and a microphone he will throw his red meat to the hungry masses.

2 Likes

You got to keep it black, right Rudy!!!

1 Like

‘the kinds of stuff Bill Cosby used to say’?
artful snarking used to take some effort.

1 Like

What would that be, Rudy? “Drink this”?

4 Likes