Discussion: Gingrich On O'Care: Enough Already, It's Time For Republicans To 'Perform'

2 Likes

“it’s time to perform”

Ha…there’s no little blue pill for flaccid ideologies, champ.

31 Likes

“Congress has to pick doable things.”

At this point, it’s not entirely clear that this Congress could succeed in naming post offices.

13 Likes

Oh no…pressure!

6 Likes

Do they take requests?

Can they do Camptown Races?

10 Likes

When a President has zero political capital…

15 Likes

And yet the president* claims he has signed more bills into law than anyone who held the office before him? I wonder what kind of fantasyland this man live in…unless Bannon just gives him pieces of paper to sign, telling him they are bills which become law.

15 Likes

I suspect the big GOP moneybags are getting antsy. They are getting very little return on their investment. Plus, that grifter Trump is now using their donations for his legal bills.

14 Likes

If your idea of performing is to pass legislation that has 25% or lower approval and is guaranteed to hurt millions of your fellow citizens maybe you don’t need to perform. Maybe you need to reexamine your legislative priorities.

5 Likes

“If you can’t pass the gigantic bill, tell me what you can pass,” he added. “But get something done that starts to move us away from Obamacare.”

says the guy without any suggestions of what “something” is, because in 7 years (not just 6 months) he still doesn’t have a clue.

Now that I got that snark out of me, this really is the problem. They don’t have any solution because Obamacare was their solution. When I was talking a few days back about how the GOP no longer has any ideas, and as an ideology that simply cannot last…here is another example. The Obamacare concepts were devised by republicans back in the 90s in response to Clinton’s push on healthcare. Since then, despite the fact that they demonized it for 7 years after Obama got elected, they have produced precisely zero new ideas on healthcare. Hell, I could jot off the bullet points for a republican healthcare bill in about 10 minutes. But they are so completely devoid of any ideas, they are unable to produce anything.

15 Likes

Funny how the words “perform” and “act” can both mean the actual doing of things or the simulation of them. Strange coinkydink there.

P.S. Gingrich is a fat fake and one of the originators of the mess we find ourselves in today.

22 Likes

Oh so insHannity thinks it’s “these republicans” who are to blame? I guess it’s that old phrase, when the fish is rotten, there’s NOTHING wrong with the head, it’s those darn gills and fins making that smell.

I hope Newt helped Sean through his much needed on-air therapy.

1 Like

Gosh, it’s gotta be hard to miss-step while getting your stars aligned, when your mission is so noble…

What can be more frustrating than getting CLOSE, BUT NOT QUITE, to depriving 22 million of their access to a doctor, with your goal set on delivering $880 billion in tax cuts to the already-affluent?

Like ALMOST curing cancer & heart disease at one stroke, but just missing, right?

2 Likes

Don’cha hate it when a breeze blows through the hollow men and they briefly turn into flutes?

13 Likes

Oh, I think the modern GOP is fully capable of rotting from every fish part simultaneously.

2 Likes

and now trump has tweeted that the senate needs to move to a 51-vote majority for healthcare. because he’s so fucking stupid that he doesn’t understand that 48 is less than 50.

6 Likes

Callista in Rome yet?
Shame Newtie (and Trump for that matter) missed out on the Bambino Gesù squeezings…

1 Like

So GOP leadership has performance anxiety? Thanks for that image, Newt!

5 Likes

Ya know, they could just implement the full Heritage plan with some of the HillaryCare, Romneycare and O-care parts and possibly a couple of new ideas because the template is right in front of them and we already know what works and what needs alterations.

I think that any ideas that they have about healthcare are buried under their glee at having a shot at hurting America all of a sudden rather than helping.
They have become destroyers and lost all sight of the meaning of their positions.

5 Likes

“But the Congress has got to pick doable things that they can actually get done and not just beat their head against a wall without getting anything done. So I’m on your side.”

How about infrastructure? Oh,the Trump vision of infrastructure doesn’t have anything to do with building roads and bridges.

2 Likes