Discussion: Germany After Trump Calls EU A ‘Foe’: ‘We Can No Longer Completely Rely On The WH’

We’ve been trying to tell the world that since mid-January, 2017…

10 Likes

We can no longer completely rely on the White House,” Heiko Maas told the newspaper group. “To maintain our partnership with the USA we must readjust it. The first clear consequence can only be that we need to align ourselves even more closely in Europe. Europe must not let itself be divided however sharp the verbal attacks and absurd the tweets may be.”

(2017)

2 Likes

I look for Trump’s “Enemy of the people” meme to expand to Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Deval Patrick, Chris Murphy and Joe Biden soon. They’re all terrible people. Everyone says so.

1 Like

…and Vlad smiles then gives Trump a Russian tea cake.

2 Likes

“We can no longer completely rely on the White House”, says everyone other than Vladimir Putin.

10 Likes

Merkel knew this after her first meeting with Trump. She only chose to go public now as a response to Trump’s comment.

I like the use of the word “absurd.” It’s a diplomatic way to declare Trump is a fucked-up human being.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Would be nice if the American media actually did their job and look for the person behind the curtain!

6 Likes

NATO, kick the United States out. I guarantee Congress will clip Trump’s wings before tea time.

Whether they do or don’t, set up your own Organization. Expand to SouthAsia, the Baltic’s, the Middle East, Mexico, Cuba, Africa, South America, Australia…

There’s plenty of nation’s that will bond over peace and mutual support and defense, checking the authoritarian over-reach of Russia and Trumplandia.

What does that mean?

Europe is going to retaliate against Tweety Amin by dumping the dollar as the reserve currency!

1 Like

i think that Germany will seek alliances with those who want to protect democracy.

2 Likes

Trump has to give notice to himself.

3 Likes

I think Europe will wait out the Trump Administration.

But Donald Trump shows his incompetence and ineptness every day.

If he were pursuing a mere, vulgar real estate deal with Germany or the EU for a New York City Condo apartment, he would know how to hold his tongue and smile and put up with the things he does not love about the deal for the profit. Since his entire career and persona are made up fiction, he has no idea how to be President and opens his mouth to talk stream of consciousness. In his case, it is his Short Fingered Vulgarian Off The Cuff Opinions. No idea of time or place or when you got to hold em or fold em. He is a fool. And an incompetent.

5 Likes

Heiko Maas missed an opportunity to label Grenell, that pompous Ambassador, persona non grata when he first arrived and announced that German companies cannot do business with Iran. He should have sent him packing right then and there.

2 Likes

Completely rely? We can no longer rely on the White House., FULL STOP!

3 Likes

Trump is a fool who surrounds himself with sycophants, and all are incompetent. They can’t even pull off being an autocratic administration competently.

4 Likes

To Germany, I must regretfully say, honey, you can’t count on us at all. Don’t trust us an inch, as long as 45 has any power.

Once this whole debacle with 45 is over, we’ll never be able to have the relationships we did with our allies simply because they won’t be able to trust us not to elect another monster. Those partnerships are poisoned forever.

6 Likes

So…an alliance that dates back to WW2 is suspect but the shiny object in the dictator pool is GREAT! What else can you destroy Donnie?

1 Like

Trump says he isn’t Putin’s “puppet”

If not, then why is he acting like one?

3 Likes