Discussion: Georgia Senate Race

Discussion for article #222979

Meh.

Too bad for Democratic candidates. Rapey Republicans are a lot easier to swat down. Even so, there is always the chance that any given GOPer clown will spontaneously channel his or her inner bat guano and create a voter shift. I’m counting on it.

3 Likes

“Broun also has a penchant for keeping the hides of animals he killed while hunting in his office.”

Probably not what the animals expected when they wandered into his office? As I recall, Geo the Lesser used to hunt for WMD in his.

4 Likes

Battled out?

Resigned is transitive? How do you resign an organization?

2 Likes

What kind of animals does he hunt in his office?

2 Likes

Jeb Bush may be smiling! Uh-oh!

Broun shot an elephant in his pajamas, how it got there he’ll never know.

3 Likes

Did Mister Bojangles escape unscathed?

1 Like

He once even suggested that students should work cleaning up the cafeteria in exchange for free school lunch.

Perdue later tussled with Handel, another competitor in the race, by tarring her as only a “high school graduate.”

Yep those two examples sound more ‘Louie Gohmert like’ to me?
{My apology to Louie’s asparagus.}

3 Likes

I don’t know about that. The Oregon GOP just nominated a candidate to take on Sen. Jeff Merkley, who was just reveled in leaked police reports 4 days ago to have had stalking charges filed against her by both her ex-husband and by her just recently ex-boyfriend who may also have broken campaign finance laws by heading up her PAC while he was dating her.

4 Likes

Sounds Marxist to me. :wink:

Spend some more of that cash, gentlemen.

I personally really like anal retentive commentary. Apparently the world is full of frustrated copy editors.

1 Like

Damn it is like a money race to prove who is the craziest.

1 Like

Always happy to see Karen Handel lose a race. Don’t care which one it is, just happy to see her lose.

Apparently the curse of the Sarah Palin endorsement is still alive and well.

8 Likes

I wonder how Todd Akin feels about the fact that the entire US political system actually uses his name as a verb to describe being a complete moron. As in, “to pull an Akin”.

Who am I kidding, he probably doesn’t get it.

2 Likes

I’m looking, doubtless in vain, for a single positive idea from any of these candidates. We all know they are against everything, but what are they for? Everyone, even the ignoramuses, knows that US infrastructure is falling rapidly behind that of many developing countries. let alone other developed countries. Does any of them have anything to offer to fix that? If not, why are they even bothering?

5 Likes

The whole conventional wisdom of Democrats needing crackpots as opponents in order to win elections has to go by the wayside. ALL Republicans are crackpots, it’s just some are better at hiding it than others. But it doesn’t mean that they can’t be beaten.

The way to beat ANY modern day Republican is through turnout, PERIOD. Regardless of which of these crackpots (yes they are BOTH crackpots) wins in July, the more important task at hand is driving up turnout for the Democrat. Do that, and it doesn’t matter which of these crackpots wins their party’s nomination. It’s that simple.

8 Likes

With Kingston, it’s an absolute certainty. He just seems sane next to Broun and Gingrey (both of whom are OUT of the House next year)!

3 Likes