Discussion: George Takei Invites Roanoke Mayor To Broadway Musical About Time In Internment Camp

Discussion for article #243012

Can we note that the mayor who wrote the email is on the Hilary Virginia Campaign.

1 Like

Except they kicked him off yesterday.

19 Likes

Wanna bet this mayor is such a coward he won’t take George up on his invitation.

6 Likes

MUSical THEATer?? GEORGe TAKEi IS so GAy!

14 Likes
2 Likes

Love this guy.

10 Likes

But he’s also a Democrat, so he might actually do it (and learn something?).

1 Like

Yeah, that sometimes happens on the Left, but on the Right, if Hannity, Rush, or Bill don’t say it, it isn’t real…

Remember, Kim Davis was a Democrat too…

2 Likes

Oh George … troll, baby, troll.

In this case it has a slight chance of making a difference.

1 Like

How inconvenient recent history is for the dim and ignorant.

3 Likes

Why yes, yes, he is and we only love him more for it!

6 Likes

I will gleefully ditto @AllieBean. He was kicked off.

Those who remain are: Gov. McAuliffe, Sens. Tim Kaine and Mark R. Warner will be part of Clinton’s leadership team, along with Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, Attorney General Mark Herring, and Reps. Don Beyer, Gerry Connolly and Bobby Scott.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I know it is tiring (infuriating), but we as liberals have to extend our hand and understanding to conservatives as much as possible, especially in times like this when the world seems like a very scary place.

Thanks George Takei for extending your invitation to the Mayor of Roanoke.

Snark and name calling, while cathartic (I do it in my head a lot) will never bring someone over to our side or even open their mind to the possibility that they are wrong.

2 Likes
Actor and activist George Takei on Wednesday invited the Virginia mayor refusing to offer state assistance to Syrian refugees to be his personal guest to a new Broadway musical based on Takei's family's experience in a Japanese-American internment camp.

Oh my.

10 Likes

Ah, I see you had to edit your original comment when Allie Bean provided you with additional info.

Do you really think Hillary’s campaign was just going to let that slide?

3 Likes

TPM:

Actor and activist George Takei on Wednesday invited the Virginia mayor [Roanoke Mayor David A. Bowers] refusing to offer state assistance to Syrian refugees to be his personal guest to a new Broadway musical based on Takei’s family’s experience in a Japanese-American internment camp.

Sorry, George, but since Mayor Bowers is a professional Republican xenophobe, I doubt he’ll take you up on your offer given that he probably hates gays too.

1 Like

Comment revisionism, that’s a paddlin’.

4 Likes