Discussion: Gen. Wesley Clark: Let's Throw Radical Muslims Into Internment Camps

Discussion for article #238569

[sarcasm mode] while we’re at it, why don’t we build gas chambers to execute them all in. And let us not forget that there is no real differentiation between a ‘radical’ and a non-‘radical’, so just inter them all. [sarcasm mode off]

Wasn’t this the plot of a movie starring Tony Shalhoub?

8 Likes

Et tu, Wesley?

5 Likes

Are we also supposed to intern white racists so they don’t have the opportunity to massacre African Americans like in Charleston?

54 Likes

Hey, Clark, we already tried that:

How’d that work out for us, you fucking weasel?

41 Likes

Can someone who knows the history chime in-were US citizens who sympathized with the Nazis ever interned? I don’t think that is correct, but, unlike Donald Trump, I could be wrong.

PS-There is so far no evidence that the Chattanooga shooter was a radical at all, rather than mentally disturbed,

7 Likes

Yes, Germans and ttalians both, though fewer than Japanese. Over 40 camps.

1 Like

Freedoms are just so valuable we have to throw them away to protect them. Hey General, who gets to decide which Muslims are radical and which aren’t?

18 Likes

German and Italian citizens, yes. But were any US citizens, other than Japanese interned?

1 Like

That’s your solution?

What about the right-wing terrorists? You know, the ones that get radicalized via hate radio and hate TV, then shoot up a church? Or, burn down a church? Or, blow up a federal building?

What about all the other radicalized groups? Using your philosophy, there will be more people in internment camps, then walking the street.

14 Likes

Yes.

Just another overage out-of-date pandering whore.

2 Likes

Isn’t this how it started in nazi Germany?

4 Likes

Hand to God, just the other day I was wondering to myself what ever happened to Wesley Clark. Apparently, he’s been sitting at home in his robe watching FOX News. Shame on you, Gen. Clark.

36 Likes

“American citizens who’ve been ‘radicalized’….”

Be careful what you wish for Wes. One man’s “radicalized citizen” is another man’s “Fox viewer”.

Just sayin’….

30 Likes

“We must stamp out YOUR extremism to protect MY extremism” ! ! –

10 Likes

President Trump, of course.

9 Likes

Ah, the “sensible Democratic military guy”. Sigh.

14 Likes

Nice to know Wes Clark learned absolutely nothing from World War II.

And to think a sizable part of the Democratic base flirted with this clown to be our nominee in 2004.

Both he and Webb need to just go away.

29 Likes

Wow…can’t believe I ever saw him in a positive light way back when.

He’s fucking way off base on this one. Its GITMO 2.0 (even though that misguided extra-judicial shithole still hasn’t been closed). Clark is suggesting these internment camps be on US soil, if I understand him correctly. Sounds like another way to get around habeas corpus. Is he also including rightwing loons that threaten citizens in the US like that fucker on the front page trying to counter the Jade Helm exercises? Or just Muslims?

What a fucking bigoted idea. And one that we should have learned was wrong on so many levels, a generation ago.

22 Likes