Discussion: Garrett Dispels Resignation Rumors: 'I Am Absolutely, Positively Running'

1 Like

“I don’t like fundraising much,” he said. “But we’ve turned a corner, we’re doing extraordinarily well, and we’re going to be fine.”

bookmarking

8 Likes

“My chief of staff wasn’t fired, because if you’re fired, the last thing I say to you is ‘we’d love to have you if you’d like to stay,’ so by definition he wasn’t,” he said.

When I was fired, no one said “we’d love to have you if you’d like to stay.” For most businesses, that would be the opposite of being fired.

3 Likes

He’s running. Running with scissors…

6 Likes

This guy sounds like a very stable genius.

5 Likes

He reminds me of a slightly less greasy Carl DeMaio.

3 Likes

“God’s got a plan, Tom works hard.”
I’ll bet he actually paid someone to come up with that timeless nugget of wisdom.
Is dotardity a strain that runs through the entire Republican Party?

4 Likes

‘God’s not a fan, Tom hardly works.’

FIFY

7 Likes

Looks like the only coherent sentence he can utter is, “Fake News!”

Of course he’s 'running". If he said he was quitting, how would he raise money to pay off all his old campaign debts?

4 Likes

Well, I have a plan…
“…hang a (electoral) noose on the goose-stepping goons from Trumpin…”

OK, so it doesn’t scan very well.

1 Like

2 Likes

https://m.popkey.co/6071a8/jWLvQ.gif

1 Like

Vomiting.

P.S. Stay out of Capitol Restrooms.

1 Like

"…he bemoaned the plodding legislative process in the House, saying “it’s like pounding your head perpetually against a stone wall.”

The plodding process is as it should be. We all know what happens when legislation is pushed through without first being read (and without notes in the margins), much less carefully considered.

What a lunkhead.

1 Like

How about just running out into traffic. Maybe you’ll fill a pothole or something.