Discussion: Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Now Lower Than Obama, Clinton Records

Trump: That means nothing but Upside. Clear skies all around.

12 Likes

Buy!!! Trump is a bargain!!! He makes Sears look like Uber.

20 Likes

Tweeto Cheeto is going for the “golf score” version of popularity. Low score wins…

Based on that, he’s a friggin’ Olympic Gold Medal winner.

21 Likes

Just about par for the course for a Trump honeymoon.

9 Likes

How the hell does more than a third of Americans approve of Trump? Do they also approve of unprecedented incompetence, stupidity and a President engaging in foreign espionage for a murderous dictator? Edit: He is winning so much it is making my head spin off its neck.

Congressional Dems should call on Trump to show solidarity with the Russians who are bravely demonstrating in the streets against Putin.

41 Likes

Good thing Donald doesn’t care about being popular …

17 Likes

W must be raging at the unfairness.

6 Likes

Obama reached a low of 38 percent in 2011 and 2014. Former President Bill Clinton reached a low of 37 percent in 1993.

Former President George W. Bush reached his low, 25 percent, in October 2008.

Come on, trump, we know you’re not going to let a loser like W. beat you, are you?

28 Likes

What is this the beginning of week 9 of his presidency? Within the window of the “First 100 Days” ‘Honeymoon Period’? Are we at the point where some of the diehard supporters are defecting? Probably not. Are at the point where some of those who voted for him have abandoned that support? Absolutely.

But let’s give credit where credit is due. Record Time! Bigly! Hitting low point type numbers in just over 2 months! Kudos - not the record a President wants to break - but it is a record breaking performance.

How soon will it take for him to beat the modern-era low numbers of W after his 2 wars and the crashing of the economy in the last months of his second term?

22 Likes

Godamn, I am so tired of all this winning!

35 Likes

I bet you Shrub has his fingers crossed that Donnie goes below 25%.

And when that glorious day comes, Shrub will be proclaiming from the rooftops “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty, I’m no longer the worst President ever.”

25 Likes

Since he didn’t break the record for shortest presidency – unfortunately – I hope he sets the record for the lowest approval numbers. But I would also be happy if he’s the first president to do time in a federal penitentiary for his racketeering and money laundering schemes.

32 Likes

Still plenty of time for second place…

10 Likes

Trump told you that you would be.

6 Likes

I have complete confidence that if anyone can shoot for a lower approval rating it is Donald J. (The Con) Trump.

5 Likes

He’s going to end up scraping the bottom of the teens like Dick Cheney and the GOP Congress.

17 Likes

Surely Nixon got lower than 25%, right? Just wanting to know the benchmark trump’s trying to beat. ;->

edit: actually, the floor appears to be somewhere in that range. Just checked a gallup article, and Nixon was at 24% the week he resigned. President Carter got as low as 31%, Bush Sr. was as low as 29%.

10 Likes

It would be interesting to see the comparison to other presidents at this point in their presidency

4 Likes

Not to put too fine a point on this, but given the sophistication of the American electorate, you’d probably get that level of approval, if you asked them if they’d be in support of hemorrhoids, assuming they were given out for free.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available