Discussion: Freedom Caucus Won't Back Bill After WH Meeting: 'Nothing Has Changed'

2 Likes

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

14 Likes

Trump: My negotiating skills will come into play now. If not, I will file bankruptcy. It has always worked.

20 Likes

If this is correct - we are in for a wild twitter ride/rampage somewhere between Thursday night and Saturday morning. Wonder who will be his targets.

12 Likes

Now Trump is clearly a different cat, but #justsayin

5 Likes

all of em, Heritage, Kochs and eventually Ryan

I’ve never had the honor, but I’ve been told that ricochets don’t discriminate.

8 Likes

Donnie is holding his negotiating powers in reserve for North Korea. Likely planning the Mar-a-Lago weekend now. Is dog on the menu?

3 Likes

A bit premature but…Trump’s waterloo?

2 Likes

But Trump needed this to pass to distract from his Russia connections which was a distraction from his self-enrichment which was a distraction from his inability to staff up the federal government which was a distraction from those really awful people he did hire which was a distraction from…

It’s all going kaboom, and I couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

So, we may have the Krazy Kaucus to thanks for submarining this awful bill? Will wonders never cease. And so much for Trump’s weak attempts at strong-arming them. Of course, I’ll wait until tomorrow evening to really know the bill is gone.

10 Likes

Cracks are appearing but I’ll hold off counting that chicken until it’s hatched.

7 Likes

No, but crow is!

1 Like

Finally I get the chance to appreciate that good old Tea Bag Disclipine.

10 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. But this will definitely be Ryan’s undoing. As we all said back in 2014, Ryan essentially gave up his future political career after accepting the Speakership. No where to maneuver after taking that job. But now, one of the main pieces of legislation that he’s been pining for the past few YEARS is going down and I believe it will take him with it. The Freedom Caucus will blame him on this.

Not to worry, Ryan will land on his feet at K Street. 'Cuz he’s a “wonk” yanno. :smirk:

7 Likes

Is operation build-a-dictatorship hitting a serious snag?

The optics are not good on this for the teflon T-rumpus…

Yay.

5 Likes

Couldn’t possibly get more ironical than that right there…but you know what they say:

Well, not They, the Insane Clown Posse at the HFC, but they in the general sense:

Just saying no is easy.
Actually governing is haaaaaaard.

5 Likes

Petty much -Tom Tomorrow nailed it this week

8 Likes

I used to live in Western Washington where Derik Kilmer was my state rep and then my Congressman. There is no one better. A young guy with integrity, a degree in public policy and no one works harder. He’s smart, and solution oriented. Now I live in Idaho and have two GOP Senators and Labrador is my rep. It is no wonder Idaho is near last in the U.S. by most metrics. The mind set is formed by FOX News. It is all about tax cuts and gun rights and nothing else. The difference separated by a few miles is night and day. Washington is leading the nation economically, expanded medicaid and has good schools. Idaho, lags in all three. The letters to the editor make you wonder how far in school most of the citizens went, and of course, the state went for Trump and see nothing wrong with his first 60+ days. We have no medicaid expansion here and more subsidized apartments than you can count and it is only going to get worse for those at the bottom if the GOP is able to get it’s hands on healthcare. You would think that after a while even the poorly informed would catch on, but I guess things have to much worse first, which should not be too long. When people have disdain for facts and expertise, what’s next?

4 Likes

My guess is that he folded within five minutes and left with his tail between his legs. Once again, he proves himself to be a wimp

K Street? He could end up POTUS if Pence follows trump down the drain.
Let that sink in.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available