Discussion: Fox Host: When I Watched Walter Scott Video, 'I Didn't See (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #235165

How much was he paid for his astute analysis?

12 Likes

You know this cop’s actions are truly unconscionable when even Fox News won’t defend him.

11 Likes

It talks. Aside from that, there’s not much to recommend over a large, green Mackaw.

21 Likes

Greg, Colbert was kidding and making fun of you. He didn’t think you’d really say this out loud!

27 Likes

Greg Gutfeld is a repulsive right-wing hack who has never, ever been right about anything.

18 Likes

Until the video emerged, the police department stood firmly by the cop, buying his story completely, insisting the victim grabbed for the taser (the film shows the officer plant it on the body), that the officer gave CPR (the film shows him standing over the body utterly unconcerned), etc.

If the bystander had simply witnessed the shooting rather than filming it, the police would have dismissed his account and declared the killing justified. And so would Fox News.

54 Likes

and that, boys and girls, is the best FOX can come up with…

can you see my eyes rolling???

5 Likes

Dow right pathetic, despicable people

7 Likes

He’s one of the more tolerable people on Fox, and it’s good that he supports lapel cameras, but this whole “I don’t see race” act is preposterous.

10 Likes

Really, he’s tolerable! Doesn’t meet my qualifications for tolerable

7 Likes

He’s so garsh darn progressive !

2 Likes

And as I look at that clip I don’t see jackass opening his pie-hole and spewing idiocy…oh wait…yes I do.

14 Likes

The unbuttoned dress shirt collar is the FOX bad boy’s leather jacket…

8 Likes

Far too much money.

4 Likes

A million years ago I was watching Oprah (I have to admit that to tell the rest of the story), and she had the microphone in some white audience member’s face, who said, spritely: “When I look at person I don’t see white or black or race or anything at all! I just don’t!!”

The white lady turned and spontaneously asked the black lady sitting next to her: “When you look at me, do you see a white person?” and the black lady had this dry, fed-up look on her face and said, “I sure do.” The whole exchange was perfect.

36 Likes

FOX isn’t not defending the cop’s actions, they are changing the story to a man shooting a man. The story is about a man abusing his authority as an officer to shoot an unarmed man. In the back. Without his power as a police officer, this scenario might have gone differently. It is important to maintain the distinction from a random shooting. Otherwise, there will be no path to establish an independent process for when this occurs or guidelines to avoid it in the future,

19 Likes

Yes, and also about too many departments’ willingness to investigate its officers’ in the absence of glaring proof of misconduct.

5 Likes

This burgeoning meme that this case shows that the justice system worked is a god damn farce. This case shows that the system will only correctly work when confronted with irrefutable evidence that the cop is a murderer. They all seem to forget that the initial report filed, where the murderer said he felt threatened and there was a scuffle for his taser, was blankly accepted and not questioned at all. The system works my ass.

25 Likes

If I were the commissar of culture I would have people like this paid in noogies until they decided to go into some sort of business—running a dry-cleaning store, say—where they provided an honest service and kept their idiot opinions to themselves.

6 Likes