Discussion: Fox Host Slams FBI Over Flynn Lies: He 'Thought They Were Talking Among Two Buddies'

You mean like James Comey’s (R-Obama Appointee) “high standards for professional conduct” by successfully to throwing the 2016 elections to Republicans?

The FBI is a tool for the oligarchs and conservatives, and has been illegally working against progressive groups such as anti-war, civil-liberties, and civil-rights organizations for since the beginning, including under Obama.

Do you still think J. Edgar Hoover was some kind of American hero?

I think it is desperation, not stupidity. They know what they are doing.

2 Likes

4…3…2…1 “but, look how easy they were on Hillary…and she deleted millions of e-mails and got away with it”

2 Likes

What’s a little treason among friends, amirite?!

1 Like

How does he do that? How does the Lieutenant General with 33 years of military experience feel that comfortable lying?

I dunno, Bri. Probably the same way you do.

Uh, doesn’t matter if you’re “among friends”, he still lied and engaged in seriously illegal acts

3 Likes

Dude, everyone knows that the Bro Code supercedes any laws, both state and federal.

1 Like

Taking advice from Manafort?

Yep ,I commited a series of serious crimes but by talking to my buddies, we can pretend none of this has ever happened and I can resume a duplicitous career of evil.

5 Likes

“I mean, I thought those bank tellers just gave him that money” Wille Sutton’s friend was quoted as saying.

2 Likes

People who write for TPM watch a lot of tv all day.

When Josh Marshall has claimed over the last few years that he was hiring more “reporters”, I assumed he meant that he was hiring more journalists who would have to actually leave the office to report on stories in real time. Instead, he seems to have hired more people to cover more television channels.

Whether he thought they were his buddies is a red herring. We can run this down pretty easily. Either he thought this was a social visit with trustworthy friends or he didn’t. In the former case, the only possible reason for Flynn to lie is because the truth is SO bad that he’s afraid to tell even his trusted friends…IOW, Flynn is guilty as shit. In the latter case, Flynn lied to avoid being caught.

Either way, there’s no difference in the underlying reality and…thanks to our “law and order” friends at the GOP, police may use deception, while suspects may not. It’s their petard. About time one of them was hoisted by it.

3 Likes

The “two buddies” exemption for lying to the FBI is right below the “private transaction” exemption for financial crimes in the Federal Register.

3 Likes

I guess it’s no fun learning that interrogation techniques can be used on anybody, even the well-to-do. Regardless this is a moot conversation- Flynn confessed and pleaded guilty.

Moving The F*** On.

2 Likes

Not true. Most were hired to cut and paste from Twitter.

In all fairness, the “He was bewitched by Agent Strzok” defense is one of the better excuses they’ve come up with. Ooh-la-la.

3 Likes

I believe Ms. Sneed would take exception to that statement. I saw her ON the tv Friday - reporting her observations from a day at the federal courthouse.

4 Likes

They thought they were talking among two buddies.

Aw damn, there goes trumps excuse when the time is right.
Trump will now start demoting flynn day by day until in the end,
he had little to do with me, I hardly know him.
Even after all he already said about his use to be bestest buddy. lol
Straight jacket definitely needed sooner or later. sooner preferred

1 Like

kilmeade on saving private flynn: it was more like locker room talk than a meeting with the FIBS.

“It’s because he walked in, he shook their hands, he felt like one of the guys. He offered them a tour of the White House. He sat down there. They thought they were talking among two buddies. They used that to his advantage they said, ‘he had learned to believe the lies he was telling.’

So, something Brian Kilmeade’s ‘buddies’ might want to remember the next time they get together. Granted, if his friends are all lawyers…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available