Just say anything – anything at all – without concern for whether it’s false. Then, when called on it, don’t be a bit embarrassed.
She’s just trolling, but on the larger issue, if you don’t want your child vaccinated, then you can’t send them to public schools. It’ should be that simple.
Well I know a few anti-vax types and they vary in political views, economic status and social outlooks. The only thing I find consistent in them is they are all very dumb.
“If you don’t have a measles vaccination, we’re going to give it to you.”
I recall walking a gauntlet of medics with syringes and getting a bunch of shots in one visit.
Wonder if they still do that.
My MTV VJ speak is a little rusty but I think she’s saying that people don’t trust Big Government™ because… progressives. People who are afraid of teh Big Government™ tend to be distrustful of public health officials and scientists Big Government™ employs.
No, it started in Europe around the turn of the 19th century when Napoleon, as well as small pox, was killing people by the thousands. A vaccination was developed. And just like now, the Neanderthals in Paris and London fought giving it to their children. They are all now dead, just like her children will be, if our modern antibiotics which have become so overused end up not working on these highly infectious childhood diseases.
I’m hoping TPM start a whole new division where each and every article begins with the words "Fox News host Kennedy said . . . "
No, It would appear that it is the small government folks who have been resisting common sense…in so many ways regarding so many simple, logical ideas. They would fight the invention of fire or the wheel if they thought they couldn’t make money off of it somehow.
Careful, “Kennedy”. There’s a very, very fine line between exclaiming the advice of the CDC as hyperbole, and being an anti-vaxxer. Very fine. And you yourself are right on it.
Agreed, and I’m betting that the parents refusing to vaccinate their children fall on both far ends of the political spectrum. It’s probably both uber liberals, uber conservatives, and libertarians as well. In other words, extremists.
Is this the woman that was on the new version of “Crossfire?” I thought I detected a fundamentally faulty reasoning which seems vaguely familiar. She was the one that was supposed to be Tucker Carlson from the original version?
No it doesn’t. Don’t try to pass off your conservative stupidity as something a liberal would agree with you on.
It’s the small government folks who’re absolutely positive the biggest threat to America is Big Government™.
God, she’s just a comically painful self-parody of the hipster douchnozzles who think expertise confers no authority to an opinion, that callow, smirking blanket skepticism is the same thing as critical thought and that societal obligations should all be voluntary, because liberty. The very flower of the “Everyone is a Special Snowflake who Gets a Trophy” generation.
The people who are bound and determined to bring back epidemics because liberty, in other words.
She’s went over the cliff with Bush/Cheney years ago.
LOL I’m a conservative now? That’s rich.
::snort:: You don’t know Plucky.
Shit, I guess saying that the extreme ends of both parties are probably the types most likely to believe crazy makes me a conservative. Who knew?!
…government bureaucrats who tend to overblow these public health crises…
I’m struggling to remember which channel hyperventilated about the ebola scare the most. Was it CDC? The non-existent surgeon general? The medical community? NIH? Oh, that’s right, it was Faux Nooz!
That’s funny. I usually get called a “DLC corporatist” when I say something like that.