Discussion: Fox Business Announces Criteria For Nov. 10 GOP Debate

Discussion for article #242227

GOP candidates polling at 2.5 percent average or above in the four latest national polls through Nov. 4 will be invited to the primetime debate, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET, according to Fox. The remaining candidates who reach at least 1 percent in the polls will be eligible for the 6 p.m. undercard debate.

That’s inane. The window between 1% and 2.5% currently contains two people. (Christie and Graham.) You’re going to have those two go head to head and then hold a main debate with NINE?

6 Likes

Now there’s a truly unpleasant image.

2 Likes

With just the two of them, it ups the odds that Christie physically pummels Graham in a nationally televised act of bullying.

Does Christie personally pummel or does his send his “friends” to take care of such things? Maybe a light above the stage could “accidentally” fall on Graham.

2 Likes

“The fourth Republican presidential debate of the race will focus on the economy”

The fourth Republican presidential debate of the race will focus on plutocracy…

FIFY

6 Likes

Now, now. There’s still time for Jeb to fall that low. But I doubt his mommy would let him attend if it came to that.

3 Likes

Neil Cavuto, and WSJ editor-in-chief Gerard Baker!

Well! I guess the first candidate to say up is down, and day is night will be deemed the winner!

1 Like

Is criteria #1 to have a functional labotomy?

1 Like

They will soon lower that threshold to spelling your name correctly on an application form to be invited to the debate.

1 Like

Fox Business? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaa (cough)

I have an idea… how about the repubs get grilled for 10 hours straight (except for bathroom breaks). See if they can do what HRC did.

3 Likes

You mean prefrontal lobotomy where an ice pick is jammed into the brain with only local anesthesia. Any one of the people on this stage would be a candidate to have his/her brain function altered.

Big money.

GOP candidates polling at 2.5 percent average or above in the four latest national polls through Nov. 4 will be invited to the primetime debate…

Faux is lowering their standards yet again for the GOP? Pretty soon it’s going to be Trump debating himself. Actually, he pretty much does that now.

What a freak political party. I say add Meatloaf and Rodman to the stage. That would elevate the discussion to a near moron intelligence level.

2 Likes

Waterboard or deport them. Build a wall and see if they can find a way over/under/around it?

1 Like

You might as well add an unkempt Gary Busey too.

1 Like

Babs might run herself if things continue to deteriorate the way they have.

I can see the old Bush matriarch now freezing out all the obvious “little people” on stage and telling Trump that he will never attend a society event again.

Still a few days for new polls to come in, so it’s still possible that Kasich, Paul, and/or Huckabee could fall below 2.5% and wind up at the kiddie table. It’s also possible that one of the less-than-one-percenters could “surge” to over 1%. And it seems possible that Christie could edge up over the 2.5% threshold.

But it also wouldn’t surprise me at all if Graham were to fall below 1%, potentially leaving Christie as the only candidate in the 1% - 2.5% range. Same thing if Christie edges up over 2.5% and no one else changes categories, then it’s Graham by himself at the kiddie table. Then what? How do you hold a “debate” with one candidate?

1 Like

Skip the mind f**k and just provide the results.
Jebbers won the debate
carson placed a distant 2nd
trumpity is still bitchin and tweetin the world
christie never finished chewing what ever was in his mouth
huckelberry is still praying and waiting for the debate to begin
the rest never said anything other than it’s all obama’s fault
All nod yes when someone said Hillary will be worse than the blackman
Fox says it was the most watched show ever in the history of tv.
Tomorrow, the country laughs it’s ass off over the new comedy show.

1 Like

I have a feeling it will soon be easier to participate in the Republican debate than register to vote in Alabama.

3 Likes