Discussion: Four Biggest Takeaways From Bombshell Leaked Audio Of Rep. Devin Nunes

Duplicitous lying sack of shit.
But we knew that.

75 Likes
  1. Nunes is worried that without the blind and unconditional protection of a Republican majority, the President will be in serious legal jeopardy from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

“This puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the President, we’re the only ones, which is really the danger…We have to keep all these seats, we have to keep the majority. We do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Oh, Devin, you cow-fucking moron, I hope somebody gets close-ups of your terrified face when the races are called for Democratic candidates Nov. 6.

65 Likes

How is this guy not going to prison? And why aren’t his constituents chasing him with torches and pitch forks?

73 Likes

He is just admitting things we already knew. If the Dems win the House, Trump won’t be the only one in deep doo-doo.

44 Likes

Ok, I’m not seeing any of this really as a “bombshell.” This has all pretty much been known and spoken on the record for awhile. Except maybe #3 where he admits getting pilfered info would be wrong.

Yes it’s all corrupt and party-over-country, but I’m not seeing anything new here…

29 Likes

Takeaway Number Five: Nunes’ work on the House Intelligence Committee investigation of Russian activities to coordinate with and assist the Trump campaign in the 2016 election is wholly aimed at disrupting the investigation and protecting Trump, rather than providing meaningful, independent oversight.

This was, of course, obvious to everyone already. This recording now provides full transparency and removes the validity of any excuse, no matter how stretched and pathetic, of his defenders still attempting to provide a veneer of plausibility that Nunes’ actions in the past year and a half were honorable.

92 Likes

Nothing new here. Except that Nunes is even dumber than we thought. Mind-boggling,I know, but there it is in black and white.

34 Likes

The guy running against Nunes interviewed people on the streets of the district. Dumb, Kool-Aid drinkers. But check with Californians for details.

17 Likes

Memo:
To: Davin Nunes
Thanks for the heads-up, your indictment is on the way.
Robert Mueller

cc; Rob Rosenstein

35 Likes

Bombshells. Not what they used to be.

16 Likes

“The Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start with impeachment on Rosenstein, and then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein, it’s a matter of timing.”

This one just boggles the mind. They don’t even have the votes to impeach Rosenstein in the House let alone in the Senate, and I’m fairly certain McConnell has told him there’s no way in hell he’s bringing such a measure to the floor before the election. I’m not sure this buys them a single vote in any election, but I’m fairly certain openly obstructing justice just before an election is a terrible idea for the party trying to hang on to power.

73 Likes

And I love Rachel Maddow, but one thing that bugs me is her tendency to over-dramatize relatively mundane things. Yes yes, ratings, etc.

24 Likes

This was a good read

9 Likes

But I did love the bit where he warns, “…all of this goes away,”

31 Likes

It’s a very sad commentary on the Republican Party when one of its members saying conspiracy against the US is wrong counts as a “bombshell.”

19 Likes

her “we have tRump’s tax returns” was a less than enthralling show.

7 Likes

Good point, and that’s the fifth takeaway—the unspoken but obvious fact that Nunes himself is in trouble without a majority protecting him. I’m sure he’s got a nice little quiverful of potential charges of misusing classified material and related things they can slap on him when a new sheriff comes and cleans up Dodge City. If you abuse a corrupted justice system for political ends, you have to pray it stays corrupted. He’s worried now and I don’t blame him.

71 Likes

I thought his remarks were mildly interesting, but calling it a “bombshell” seems overblown. At best, Nunes’ remarks fill in a couple of small gaps in the big sideshow.

2 Likes

Yes, great example. And she teased it for so long and then… mehhh. The girl who cried ‘bombshell.’

5 Likes