Discussion: Former Peruvian President Alan García Dies After Shooting Himself In The Head

2 Likes

Why did a massive shiver just run up Donnie’s proto-spine?

11 Likes

Sadly narcissist like drump don’t go out like that, they rather go out while taking out a bunch of other people with them.

10 Likes

Proto-spine – that’s a good one. He’s definitely like some semi-conscious, pre-cambrian predator swimming through the murk, waiting for the electric current from a primitive Big Mac to trigger his “devour” instinct.

6 Likes

I thought this might be another “gun nut self-inflicted oopsie” story.

Disappointing.

He was being acccused of accepting bribes from the Brazilian conglomerate Odebrecht, in a scandal that has snared Peru’s last 4 or 5 presidents. Very active these Odebrecht guys, and I would assume that Peru was not the only place they were willing to display generosity.

5 Likes

Those involve children, there has been three already this week in Georgia. Yep, they are very good at protecting their families against “criminals”.

This guy’s a (former) piece of work: He was vehemently maintaining his innocence while simultaneously seeking asylum in Uruguay. You know, like all innocent people do.

It’s also worth noting that Odebrecht is famous throughout Latin America for the generosity of its bribes.

4 Likes

maybe it was envy at (AP)'s use of the word “ruled” for a president

Just those facts alone don’t prove his guilt. Peru’s “justice system” is notoriously corrupt.

And consider the case of former President Alberto Fujimori: Having manipulated Peruvian judges and courts for a long time, when his own number came up he fled overseas and refused to return to face justice, on the grounds that … the Peruvian “justice system” was notoriously corrupt.

(As Dave Barry would say, I am not making this up.)

2 Likes

Ecuador? Check
Former president and Assange pal Correa? Check.
Not that we should make a big deal out the biggest corruption scandal ever exposed.

Garcia was know as “el loco” and definitely had some mental problems.
Fujimori was very corrupt with many murders on his hands. Let’s not forget he resigned from Japan via FAX!

Yes, he was definitely a piece of work.
The Odebrecht bribe scandal is all encompassing.

2 Likes

Shooting yourself in the head will do that to you.

2 Likes

Oh please let Trump be next. Then again, the Dotard wouldn’t have the balls to pull the trigger.

Now you tell him.

2 Likes

Take a note, Trump. He set a fine example for you.

García repeatedly professed his innocence and said he was the victim of
false testimony by political enemies who accused him of taking more than
$100,000 from the Brazilian construction giant.

$100,000?

That would be a rounding error in US corruption.
A regrettable oversight in record keeping.
A mislabeled expense.

It would be embarrassing for being so small.

I’m going to hell for even thinking this, but Mitch would have to do the ‘honor’ and show Donnie how it’s done.

1 Like

Dammit, @inversion! Now you’ve made me think about it, too!

1 Like

Though both men died via the guillotine, Danton was far more braver than Robespierre.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available