Discussion: Forbes: Eric Trump Foundation Appears To Have Paid Charity Money To Trump Org

3 Likes

Didn’t everyone already report on this in October?

ETA - The Forbes story is a lot more in-depth.

11 Likes

So much fake “wealth” to launder. So few real places to do it.

27 Likes

Grey, I like hearing it again!

8 Likes

Here's the question I sent @erictrump after that blockbuster @Forbes story, which indicates Eric misled me. pic.twitter.com/xh1uSPK9md

— David Fahrenthold (@Fahrenthold) June 6, 2017
49 Likes

Since all Trump family “charitable foundations” are money laundering schemes, it makes perfect sense that they use one phony “foundation” to illegally funnel money to another.

34 Likes

Especially from a left wing organization like Forbes
Remind me again who thinks Trump and his band of Grifters are doing a good job or anything other than raping the country

15 Likes

Just look at that face - you can’t tell me that, if daddy didn’t have money, he wouldn’t have ridden the short bus…

13 Likes

O god - both of them are slack-jawed mouth breathers.

14 Likes

A trait inherited from daddy

7 Likes

The Eric Trump Foundation plays a vital role in assisting the children of affluent real-estate developers.

They’ve helped literally tens of obscenely-rich heirs in Midtown Manhattan and the Upper East Side.

Over shopping is a scourge among this vulnerable and underappreciated population.

40 Likes

Gee…all these Trumps ever do is like take money out of one pocket and put it in the other. A distinction without a difference. Every foundation they seem to run ends up as a source of revenue for them rather than a charitable amount to be given to others. I’m pretty sure this is what anyone with half a brain would call double-dealing…and if it isn’t illegal, it should be.

So once more, the grift continues…

25 Likes

The Trump Family illustrates a new meaning to the phrase charity begins at home…

18 Likes

Grifters gotta…

9 Likes

“But in 2011, according to Eric Trump Foundation IRS filings analyzed by the publication, costs jumped.”

You mean the same year Obama roasted the shit out of him at the WH Correspondents Dinner? Hmmmm…

17 Likes

Filed under “grifters gonna grift.”.

7 Likes

It would be interesting to see how much Eric and Don Jr wives are part of their grifter empire.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I was freaking out during the elections. I even wrote an op-ed to the Star Tribune (MN)(Edit: unfortunately it wasn’t published) because no one seemed to care what a criminal enterprise the Trump Org. “charity” actually was.

They defraud donors into believing they are sending money to a charity, then they use the money for personal gain, all while using the organization as a tax shelter.

This should have been seen as criminal conduct, and would have if they weren’t an uber-rich celeb family.

These aren’t slap on the wrist offenses, it is a long running organization that feeds off others and allows Trump to give away their money in an effort to make it seem like he is a philanthropist.

29 Likes

Eric Trump’s charitable foundation seems to have paid the Trump Organization hundreds of thousands of charitable dollars, Forbes reported in a lengthy investigation published Tuesday, despite Trump’s claims that the Trump Organization did not charge the foundation for use of its golf courses.

Eric Trump has undoubtedly been generous in raising millions for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital through charitable golf tournaments. But in reviewing IRS filings, Forbes found hundreds of thousands of dollars that the Trump Organization seems to have received from charitable organizations — including the Eric Trump Foundation.

When the publishers begin incorporating the #TrumpYears into American History texts the Texas BoE meetings are gonna be interesting… #FirstGrifterFamily

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available