Discussion: Florida Authorities Report Mass Shooting At riverfront Mall

Yeah I just got a notice from CNN

o god I hate this so much

24 Likes

Guns are another part of the suicide pact known as the Constitution of the United States.

All Constitutional. Nothing we can do. American exceptionalism, you know.

7 Likes

When will America come to its senses and value its people more than guns? And, by the way, this is the nonsense Ms. Butina wanted to bring into Russia? I hardly think so.

13 Likes

O Putin would never let that happen.

13 Likes

It’s amazing that may people were at the Landing. It’s one of those downtown joints they’ve tried to gentrify for 30 years. No place to park. Horrible traffic getting there and massive completion from the St. John’s Town Center. Downtown Jax is a dump.

My first responses are sadness, horror and anger at the gun lobby. This is quickly followed by a heartfelt wish: please don’t let the shooter be undocumented…a Muslim or a person of color.

15 Likes

Sounds like there was some kind of event that attracted a crowd.

1 Like

Don’t buy into that. The more you know about Russia and guns the more you’ll know she’s a front for something else. There are essentially no gun laws in Russia. You buy one like you do a box of pasta. Just go get it. So there’s no plausible reason for a gun rights group in Russia other than as a front to get close to the ones in the USA. Her organization is a meaningless sham in Russia but in the USA it created a false camaraderie that was used to get inside the NRA. Once in…out came the money.

4 Likes

They could have a free ZZ Top concert there with free beer and pizza and I’d not go. It’s just a parking ticket trap.

6 Likes

… Again.

6 Likes

The shooting took place at a Madden 19 tournament event in that was apparently live-streaming from the mall. (WAPO)

7 Likes

An eSports thing, a regional qualifier for some big Madden tournament in Vegas. In other words, some of the top players in the country. I saw a tweet quoting one player who escaped with an injured hand.

4 Likes

If it is then the Twittermeister will reprise his “Should’ve never happened. Illegally in our country." diatribe. Otherwise it will be thoughts and prayers, but too soon to talk about it.

9 Likes

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Russia has far stricter gun laws than the US, and they have no desire for their public spaces to turn into the Wild West. Hence, Butina’s alleged “interest” in the NRA is a cover and she’s a Russian agent.

15 Likes

Of course there are. Much stricter than US laws too.

13 Likes

Sore loser who took it out on others then offed himself.

21 Likes

First person shooter

13 Likes

O you’re kidding! My god!

8 Likes