Discussion: Flake Threatens To Block Judicial Nominees Until Senate Votes On Mueller Bill

I eagerly await the the next spineless reason Flake comes up with to back away from this threat.

I would love to be wrong on this. I’d embrace the fail.

15 Likes

Let’s hope Flake really doesn’t have any fucks left to give and follows through on this.

6 Likes

Flake keeps saying the right words, but never takes the right actions. I guess he just can’t escape his name.

7 Likes

Ditto.
Exactly my thought

1 Like

Flake will fold. He always does.

4 Likes

My sentiments exactly. Thanks.

2 Likes

“I will not vote to advance any of the 21 judicial nominees pending in the Judiciary Committee or vote to confirm the 32 judges awaiting confirmation…"

Did the math and found McConnell didn’t need his vote, did he?

Kyrsten Sinema can’t be sworn in soon enough.

13 Likes

In the event Flake ends up backing down (which I expect he will), it is ultimately still better for the cause for this to exist in the Senate record.

Approximately >< thismuch better

But still better.

4 Likes

Let us see how long he really means it this time. Will it last through some actual votes? Will it last through this weekend?

3 Likes

I wonder if the balls itch when they try to grow in.

I’ll believe it when I see it, spineless.

Oh, and BTW, Jell-O has announced a new flavor in honor of Jeff Flake’s stellar career in the Senate: “Pasty”.

1 Like

Is Flake giving up life as an invertebrate?

3 Likes

Flake made the threat after he and one of the bill’s co-sponsors, Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), attempted to force a vote for the bill on the floor.

LOLOLOL

And then he’ll vote along with the rest of GOP against the bill he co-authored because reasons.

4 Likes

Sure you will.

7 Likes

Whatever, Flake. Just shuffle out and let Sinema take your seat already

2 Likes

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin joked that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) “is going to squash Jeff Flake like a bug, as he always does.”

The Flakester can’t even get 20 comments before his relevance is exterminated.

2 Likes

Trying to go out with a bang, I guess.

As

points out, the accolades for

are premature.

4 Likes

Awwwwww! 8( Somebody misses all of the attention. I have a suggestion: Run away and join the circus…

1 Like

He’s a chickenshit, but at least he’s a principled chickenshit.

2 Likes