Discussion: First Lady Spox: Don’t Read Too Much Into Her ‘I Really Don’t Care’ Jacket

I have a similar feeling.

We seem to have passed that elusive “tipping point” when Trump finally goes to far—leading the phony-baloney elected Republicans to realize how much electoral danger they’re really in.

The press—pretty much across the board—is calling Trump a liar—along with Ma Hamhock, Kirstjen Neilsen, and other members of the Trump Ass-Kissing Brigade.

Trump has lost control of the news cycle, and his unhinged photo-op presser this morning shows clearly how out of touch—and out of what passes for his mind—he truly is.

Now we have to keep up the pressure—on Trump and on members of Congress.
The Big Blue Wave can only grow at this point.

26 Likes

Honestly, I sense the chances of resignation have gone up. All Mueller has to do is to drop the bomb on the Trump campaign entity and it’s over.

12 Likes

Well…what the fuck kind of idiot wears that coat? She had to know it would cause a stir. What was her goal?

8 Likes

No worries. I don’t think you can post this enough.

2 Likes

"Principled Conservatism" is the oxymoron for the ages.

9 Likes

You’re right, I didn’t even link it in my mind with Be Best until you mentioned it. They really are a stupid bunch, surrounded by stupid people, doing stupid things.

6 Likes

I said this over at Kevin Drum’s place: I think Ivanka’s got a mole in Melania’s staff. She’s trying to ruin her - 1980’s Dynasty style

7 Likes

Be Best, pmm080, Be Best.

1 Like

I dunno, I knew some decent conservative older people while I was growing up, including one of the people I admired the most. He carried a laminated card in his wallet with the Rotarian Four-Way Test written on it, and he’d take it out and show you, which always made me smile. He really lived it, and I admired him for it.

4 Likes

Anyone besides me checked the weather in McAllen, TX? It was in the low 80s, so why the jacket with or without messaging.

6 Likes

The Pentagon has been asked to house 20,000 children on military bases, according to Nicolle Wallace. Here’s the story at WaPo. Those poor kids.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2018/06/21/pentagon-asked-to-make-room-for-20000-migrant-children-on-military-bases/?utm_term=.2e01a999c724

2 Likes

Maybe we’ll be lucky to see a CAT FIGHT!?

5 Likes

My wife and I are sitting here, trying to sort through all of the tone-deaf idiocy here, and all we can come up with is,

Who are these people?

Who ARE these fucking people?

WTF is WRONG with these fucking people?!?!?

28 Likes

Well at least it had sleeves.

6 Likes

If the base hasn’t caught on yet, the gun industry sure has shit has. From CNN’s Money:

Sales for the full year were down 33% from the year before, and profit plunged 84%.

In an annual report filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, it blamed “social activists” for their ability to “cause us to incur substantial costs,” including driving down the stock price and "result in consumer boycotts of our products."

Okay, puddin’ - blame the “social activists”. Truth is gun sales are always stronger when a Dem’s in the WH. Vote in a Dem of color and profits soar!

11 Likes

Thank you for that comprehensive vetting of our current situation and for lifting my flagging spirits in one post. You are the best.

28 Likes

I guess -it could be- like the time I carelessly wore my “Dead Man Walking” play tee-shirt into MD Anderson hospital while I had cancer, but honestly, you would think she’d have at least have ONE attendant, given that she’s a representative of the country. Or something.

8 Likes

And the temperature in DC today was…??? (Answer: upper 80s and humid as hell).

6 Likes

While I think tone-deaf is a feature with this bunch, anyone working for ‘45’ should be looking at any South or Central American food in the same way that a vampire tries to stay clear of a cross.

Protests aside, I got a funny feeling that food preppers don’t like them.

11 Likes

“Reached for comment Thursday, Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for the first lady, told TPM: “It’s a jacket. There was no hidden message.”

Yup, no hidden message: it is clearly spelled out in big white letters.

14 Likes