Discussion: Few Answers For Thousands Of Families Already Separated By Admin Policy

I always liked Henny Youngman. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.

6 Likes

Pediatricians are saying being separated from parents and forcibly at this age works on the chemical makeup of their brains and will lead to an unhappy, disordered adult life. Frankly it’s not much consolation to realize the R party will be nearly destroyed even when this settles down. The price is that generations of kids are going to suffer.

8 Likes

The same lousy service you get at every Trump property.

1 Like

now that you mention it, i haven’t seen even one ms-13 gangster. guess it worked. should i tell fox?

3 Likes

yeah. and trump will try and syndicate it. “Where have all the children gone”. it’ll be a real tear jerker.

1 Like

Some of them given to foster parents who turned out to be child sex traffickers.

3 Likes

they need to get the asylum hearings ramped up ASAP.

1 Like

Honest hearings, with full due process of law.

Meanwhile, all the briefings make it clear that that only reuniting ICE intends to do is to ship parents and children back to more or less the same country. Because, y’know, infants and toddlers can all tell you what country they’re from. Even when they can’t speak english and ICE doesn’t bother to have staff who speak their languages.

So here’s a question for the lawyers: does the US treatment of these kids and their parents qualify them for asylum in other countries?

5 Likes

That thread is goddamn exhausting… :persevere:

As for the “elite,” yeah, and that gibberish probably makes perfect sense inside his fuckedup brain. He has deep-seated resentment about the fact that he’s never belonged to any true elite circle (remember when he was desperate to attend Chelsea’s wedding, for example?). 71 years of resentment finds a perfect outlet in the White House. It’s torturous.

5 Likes

This is like a weird “Hunger Games.”

Let’s see: We take kids from their families, distribute them across the country, kick the parents out of the country, and then see if they can find each other!

3 Likes

can you find carmen sandiego?

2 Likes

Well the DoJ has asked the DoD for JAG officers to be deployed to Texas, New Mexico and Arizona to be special assistants to US Attorneys. So now we are sending US military to help prosecute asylum seekers.

3 Likes

Don’t give CBP any ideas, they’ll set the teenagers from one against another country.

It’s Peak Trump - totally psychotic.

5 Likes

I have to pretend I’m listening to Alec Baldwin when tRump speaks. Its the only way I can get through listening to anything coming out of his contorted pie hole. I have to force myself to listen to his bullshit as a post-modern pastiche or his non sequiturs begin to drive me up a fucking wall.

3 Likes

Good thinking. I wonder if Mitt asked Ronna to drop her maiden name from official use.

2 Likes

The guy on TV that used to head ICE was on O’Donnell’s show and accurately described what could happen to many of these children who have been put in foster care in various states around the country. They will eventually need a representative assigned to them who advocates for the best interests of the child (someone like a guardian ad litem, I presume). A judge will make that determination. The judge can then later determine if a parent can’t come to claim the child within a reasonable period of time according to state guidelines, that they are relinquishing their parental rights. That judge then has the ability to sever parental rights as the child has now become a ward of the state. If reunification looks all but impossible because the parent has been deported, the state will not let that child remain in this limbo forever. That’s why foster care in other states without accurate record keeping as to where they are and who they’re with so that parents can find them is the most heartless and damaging thing they could have done to these families. The foster care system has its problems but it was never set up for this kind of crap. Those 2500 or so children that have been dumped into the system…many will be lost to their parents forever. That’s a fact. Nothing tRump did today changes anything for these children.

5 Likes

For the future, these will be the Trump Hotels. You built it Trump. Now choke on it.

2 Likes

Unbelievable but not unexpected. This issue is going to rightly hang over the gopers for a long time and it’s entirely their own doing. They took thousands of kids away from their parents and didn’t have any plan on how to get them back. Just blind disregard for the Others along with the total incompetence we’ve come to expect from the Greedy Oblivious Pricks.

At least they are likely to have to wear their shame right up through the elections, but it is just a disgrace.

5 Likes

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available