Discussion: Female Marine Vet Upsets Heavily Recruited Democrat In Key House Race Primary

I voted for Gray because he’s done a good job as our mayor, but I’m not unhappy with McGrath. I only wish she’d have moved back home to NKY to take on the 4th District incumbent. Would’ve been great to have a legitimate shot at flipping both the 6th and the 4th, but oh well, it was nice to have two good candidates to choose from.

I hate that the media is trying to paint Gray as “the establishment candidate” or “part of the good ol’ boy network” - that’s just ridiculous. The man is openly gay and I see the evidence of him taking on a big corporate monopoly here in CKY every day. He promised to make Lexington the largest American city with a Gigabyte internet network, with conservatives and TW/Spectrum fighting him all the way. I see the trucks building the infrastructure in my neighborhood every day now.

I hope he doesn’t give up public service altogether, and I hope McGrath lives up to her promises should she manage to unseat Barr. Any Democrat who thinks she won’t get attacked mercilessly because of her veteran status is a fool.

32 Likes

So — don’t underestimate a Marine.

5 Likes

She can hit back with: “as a Marine, I know how to identify and defeat people who want to hurt Americans.”

13 Likes

Could be, but my money would be on her with her combat experience to withstand the heat.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your locals perspective

13 Likes

They both sound cool, I hope he runs again.

8 Likes

Women candidates can be compared to Ginger Rogers as she danced with Fred Astaire. She did it backwards and in high heels and it was stunning once she’d proved she could do it.

5 Likes

“… whether I find them on foreign soil or in Washington, D.C.

19 Likes

Gotta say, my money is on the Marine Combat Fighter Pilot. Bring it, Barr— she’s kicked better asses than yours.

Congratulations, Capt. McGrath!! Square yourself away for the fight and complete the mission!

5 Likes

Lt. Col. McGrath.

4 Likes

It was an intense primary- Jim did the right thing by immediately throwing his support behind Amy in his concession.

15 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:. Apologies, Lt. Col. Dropping and giving you 25 now.

11 Likes

Republicans.

1 Like

Agree with you 100%, I’m next door in 3rd district but have been watching this race closely. Folks up in the 4th were really bummed she didn’t move back there where she grew up and run against Massie. They told me a military candidate would be the only thing that could take out Massie.

Jim Gray is a great guy I hope he runs for something else in the future.

9 Likes

I’m in the 4th district and would be proud to have her as my representative.

1 Like

OT. I had an eye on the Rowan County Clerk primary as well.

3 Likes

You are so wise!

Awesome!!

Hopefully, but these are the people who wore purple bandaids to their national convention to mock Kerry; that voted for Trump after he attacked McCain and a Gold Star family who lost their son; that ran ads linking a veteran and amputee with Osama bin Laden and won. They have no shame and they never suffer the consequences of their hypocrisy. I’ll be elated if McGrath can make them suffer now, but I won’t be surprised at what comes next.

5 Likes