Discussion: Feinstein Nods To Biden Rather Than Her California Colleague As 2020 Pick

2 Likes

A young punk 9 years her junior > a younger punk 31 years her junior?

We’ve seen Joe campaign before. Much love, Joe, but you are not good at running for president.

10 Likes

ā€œJoe was chairman of the Judiciary [Committee] when he came to this place,"

something, Anita Hill,something,some

11 Likes

Be heartened fellow TPMers! It’s only 670 days of infighting until the next Presidential election!

13 Likes

Let’s just figure out who has the best chance of beating Q-Tip, and go from there…

6 Likes

Kamala Harris is my current choice for 2020 out of the people who seem to be thinking of it, would be Al Franken but alas.

5 Likes

How 'bout the ā€œfuture of the partyā€ be about people under the age of 80?

7 Likes

What about Biden/Harris with Joe signaling he would bow out on a second term?

4 Likes

Biden? Please say it ain’t so.

6 Likes

Sorry but no re-runs.

Dems don’t elect re-runs.

Like it or not Fresh faces (fresh to running for president especially) are who makes it.

I think Joe already should know this.

7 Likes

Don’t have a favorite yet, but let it be a person of intellect, experience and good humor with no skeletons. No messiahs!

5 Likes

That’s where i stand. I watched Warren on Rachel Maddow show last night and I’m a little bit more interested, i still want someone new (not Biden, Warren or Sanders) . I have some candidates that i’m leaning towards (Beto, Harris, Booker, Brown, Klobucher, Castro) but, i need to know more about them and their platforms before making a decision.

3 Likes

Personally I feel remiss in not knowing more about Sherrod Brown. The way people talk about him suggests I should. Sure do like a lot of the options, though. Some posters have mentioned Sheldon Whitehouse, although I’m not aware he’s interested himself.

4 Likes

It’s waaay too early to start making any definitive choices about who to support for Pres next year. Today it might be Biden simply because no one else is campaigning. I’m sure Feinstein has her reasons for supporting Joe right now, but once Harris starts in earnest, though, don’t count her out. That goes for Brown, Whitehouse, Warren, Booker, and on down the long list of potential candidates, as well. I like Beto, but i also like every other Dem candidate that’s been mentioned so far (with the exception of Bloomberg). Like i said, it’s too early to call anyone over anyone else. Let them prove themselves worthy of our vote. Nov. 2020 is a long ways away.

4 Likes

That’s exactly where I am. I need to know more about them, get a look at their media savvy, see them on the stump, and how they perform in a debate. There’s really only one person threatening to run whom I’m dead set against. I’ve got my favorites, but I’m fully open to others surprising me. Someone I’m kinda cool on today could easily change my opinion in the coming months and vice versa.

5 Likes

I beg to differ. If he’s the nominee, he will be President. The Democratic base will decide.

3 Likes

Sherrod Brown is a great candidate, IMO. He’s from Ohio (always critical, as you know), has been a huge proponent of bettering the working class and unions - sort of Bernie-esque but younger and less in-your-face. I think he’s beloved by many of his constituents. He’s quiet-ish though, and who knows if his style can cut through the noise (looking at you, Cory Booker).

8 Likes

If Biden is the nominee, expect very ā€˜low energy’ from young people, whether deserved or not - even if he’s got Harris or someone like that as veep.

1 Like

I just ran through his Wiki page—you seem to have him pegged pretty well. Seems like a difficult divorce situation and you just know Trump would be a huge jerk about that in his blind-to-irony way. But let’s put him down as one guy in a good, deep bench. As Plucky and others say, it’s waaaay too early to be anything but open-minded on this. The main thing is we’re getting the really good, talented people on our side. You have to love that.

4 Likes

See I think the ideal would be paring someone like him or Warren with economic justice chops with someone with comparable credentials in the social justice sphere, with whoever has the best crowd appeal taking the head of the ticket and the other providing backup. Hopefully we can also get a bit of a mix diversity wise as well in terms of age, race, and/or gender. But like others have said I’ll need to get more familiar with some of the candidates.

2 Likes