Discussion: Father Of Muslim-American War Hero Makes Emotional Case Against Trump (VIDEO)

Absolutely a strong and moving speech. And a true answer to bigots. Especially those who never served themselves- or their kids. I am fortunate- my child served in Afghanistan and came back- a lot of his friends didn’t. As Senator Webb said, it was so much harder to have a child serving overseas in a combat zone than it was oneself.

6 Likes

I’m getting all verklempt just thinking about it. The combination of quiet seriousness, dignity and love of country and behind it grief, and then nailing the crap out of Donald Trump left and right was awesome.

What did Donald Trump’s sons ever do? Glom onto the family fortune and join his scammy business, repeat the rapacious corrupt dickhead ways of their father, and buy vats of the Very Best Smartest Hair Gel ever.

11 Likes

Our son and daughter-in-law both served in Afghanistan. We lived for three years holding our breath and worried about every call from a number we didn’t recognize. They both came home. I cannot imagine what it is like to know a loved one is never coming home. We thank you and the Khans for the sacrifices your family members made on our behalf. We’re so sorry for your loss.

12 Likes

How long? Not long at all, as of 8:19 PM, dear Annie Coulter, author of books no adults ever read and desperate as ever for attention, was right on it:

“You know what this convention really needed? An angry Muslim with a thick accent like Fareed Zacaria.”

The spew appears here: http://www.mediaite.com/online/coulter-on-father-of-deceased-muslim-soldier-an-angry-muslim-with-a-thick-accent/

2 Likes

Donald “I dont remember why I was medically disqualified” Trump,

5 Likes

Powerful message. Made me cry too. And of course, Fox News went to a commercial break and didn’t show it. The craven partisanship of those pseudo-journalists never ceases to amaze me. They’re always trying to shame others. I say, shame on them.

9 Likes

I cried for their sacrifice and for the fathers speech. Of all moments from the convention, the moment he whipped out the Constitution might be the most memorable.

11 Likes

Dang it. Watched it again . . . cried again.

3 Likes

By far the best, most authentic and truthful speech I have heard in decades. The guy hammered Trump as he should have. I especially liked it when he held up his copy of the Constitution and suggested Trump read it. For me I am honored that Mr Khan and his family have chosen to live in America.

5 Likes

THAT was not a thick accent. I understood Mr Khan perfectly well. If Coulter did not it shows yet again her bigotry. And to disrespect a father who’s son paid the ultimate price of loyalty shows this woman’s extreme lack of understanding and empathy as well as her lack of patriotism. In his son’s case a Bronze Star is in my thinking the cheapest decoration the Army could bestow. Given what that young man did …he deserves the Silver Star or Medal of Honor. But I am an easy mark for such things.

2 Likes

I was weeping by the end of the speech.
That’s one measure of how powerful it was.

About two minutes ago, I realized that another measure of its power is the abuse the Khans will likely be subjected to by Trump’s flying monkeys; I fear for their well-being.

6 Likes

Me too Darr. It was something I won’t ever forget.

3 Likes

This man and this speech… amazing. I am proud this man is an American.

10 Likes

Not to worry, he didn’t see it, since the “Fair and Balanced” network cut away.

2 Likes

The Khan family’s sacrifice of their son to advance the ideals and promise of America deserve more than our admiration and respect. Should our foreign policy under a H. Clinton Administration summon the grace, dignity and wisdom of Mr. and Mrs. Khan, their tragic loss shall not be in vain.

5 Likes

It will. This is why the Kahn family is endorsing her.

2 Likes

I reside in a NYC neighborhood where there are plenty of good righteous folks like Mr. Khan who have kids in the military and I can attest that I can understand every word. I’m waiting for Coulter and the loony Geller woman to claim that the constitution he was holding was not real or it was a Sharia guide.

The speech was very moving to me. The quote “You have sacrificed nothing and no one.” just rocked me.

I don’t understand why most of the media is hacking the sentence to just “You have sacrificed nothing.”… When he said the last 3 words “and no one” my heart hurt.

5 Likes

In my opinion, this was the best. It felt like the symphony of an ingenious composer, every note inspired. And perhaps Mr. Kahn played the most powerful notes.

1 Like

I agree. Mr. Khan was powerful. The words, the pocket copy of the constitution, the passion of his delivery, the urging people to register and vote.

I read that ‘register to vote’ was trending on Google right after his speech.

1 Like