Discussion: ‘Eyewitnesses’ Give Conflicting Accounts Of How Rancher Was Killed In Standoff

Discussion for article #245182

“Victoria Sharp, who said she was traveling with the group because her family planned to sing at the community meeting where they were supposed to meet the local sheriff, painted a very different picture of the shooting in audio posted to YouTube. Sharp alleged that law enforcement fired on Finicum both when he had his hands in the air and after he hit the ground. She said she witnessed the shooting with her own eyes.”

Less believable than if you asked me to consider the eye-witness testimony of Smurfette.

15 Likes

Pretty sure the final word on this will be that dude charged the federal oppressors and stomping on their fascist heads while singing the star spangled banner while being murdered in cold blood trying to politely cooperate with government officials.

32 Likes

If this had been an incident with blacks or illegals, the media and justice department would be there in an instant.

The truth doesn’t matter coz white lives don’t matter.

Meanwhile, the BLM and Obama are running victory laps.

“alleged that law enforcement fired on Finicum both when he had his hands in the air and after he hit the ground. She said she witnessed the shooting with her own eyes.”

Lying drama queens.

7 Likes

All right, who left the screen off the white nationalist dipshit filter?

32 Likes

“Sharp further alleged that law enforcement kept firing on and “gassing” the rest of the passengers in the truck for five to ten minutes after Finicum was shot”

Err, no. That clearly did not happen. You don’t fire at an unarmored car for “five to ten minutes” without everyone inside resembling ground beef by the end of it.

34 Likes

Sharp further alleged that law enforcement kept firing on and “gassing” the rest of the passengers in the truck for five to ten minutes after Finicum was shot.

Gassing them?

What next? The chemtrails were involved?

I don’t wish to make light of the fact that this armed terrorist was killed when law enforcement officials went to arrest him as he was fleeing the scene of the arrest, but the credibility of these fellow travelers (literal and metaphor intended) is lower than an western rattlesnake’s belly.

38 Likes

I do hope you are snarking.

4 Likes

Not clear why TPM is circulating this completely unreliable stuff.

4 Likes

“What happened?” is a fraught and complex question. This single incident —among the long, drawn out incident— is an object lesson in confronting one’s own preconceptions and bias. Who am I inclined to believe, and why? What is my bias? (it’s changed dramatically after following eyewitness twitter in Ferguson and Baltimore; I’ve grown skeptical of law enforcement testimony.) I don’t support the occupation, so I find myself more inclined to not believe what the “militants” say. And even here, we have two sets of testimony: eyewitness up close, and eyewitness farther away. Did LEO have bodycams or recording of events? Don’t know how long of a delay they’ll have before their statement comes out. I’m very curious to know how they describe it. I’m sure I’ll be confronting my own bias once again.

9 Likes

Judging from the fact that this is his first post, I´m inclined to think not.

5 Likes

Joined 23 minutes ago? No, not a troll at all. Just a fine upstanding white supremacist. Nothing to see here. Move along.

15 Likes

A vehicle “riddled with bullets” should be the easiest thing of all to prove or disprove.

15 Likes

…But you will believe THIS guy who was in custody and did not witness a thing??

There is some truth to that…

Flag his ass and move on. He’s a white supremacist troll.

2 Likes

At some point, all of these details will be settled with various videos, believe me. The FBI and other law enforcement saw this coming and were ready with serious briefing on what and what not to do, besides having various cameras at the ready, probably from different angles. Just a matter of time - the FBI does not have to disclose any of their info yet. Like the occupation itself, the FBI is in no hurry to please anyone with their videos. They have control of all of this and patience on their part just enables all these doofus “witnesses” to dig themselves some holes so we can laugh at them, soon.

8 Likes

I know exactly how he died, he watched Rambo, Red Dawn and Fox News too many times.

9 Likes

“kept firing and gassing the cars and their inhabitants for 5 minutes” after the killing?
Yeah, and I believe the rest of her statement … not much.

3 Likes