Discussion: 'Extremely Past Due': Trump Campaign Still Owes $470K To El Paso For Rally

Ernst is in IA(typo upthread, sorry). I haven’t heard of any challenger yet. As for Concerned Susie, incumbency is a big problem so I hope her challenger can announce soon.

Stepford Wives, Inc., all trying to outdo trumPP’s blondness.

4 Likes

470K That’s a bigly stiff
Only the best stiffs
Nobody knows more about stiffing people than me.
Only I alone can stiff people for so much

7 Likes

Ernst has no challenger, no one standing by to announce either.

1 Like

We also need to defend MI and to a lesser extent, NH. IA used to belong to a liberal Dem just before Ernst. Shifted so fast.

2 Likes

Some of those who could be running for the senate and challenging an R but are instead running for the presidency have said they don’t want the commute (and neither do the wives) of going back and forth to D.C. but would rather just go to D.C once and stay put for four years. Snowflakes, all of them.

4 Likes

“If he could start that engine again, things would change in the presidential race a lot.”

Beto jumped into a race that already had several credible contenders, and so he didn’t have the field to himself. Just being Beto wasn’t enough.

The other significant factor is that there has been only one instance in our political history when somebody has gone from a House seat directly to a Presidential nomination, which was 1880 when Garfield got the nod as a compromise candidate from a deadlocked GOP convention. Neither Beto, Gabbard, Swalwell, Ryan, or Moulton are going to break that string, if for no other reason than their power base is too small.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rely so heavily on past situations in this current climate where nothing is the way it was in the past, if I were you.

The campaign has barely gotten started. Give it chance and see how shakes out.

1 Like

That excuse is laughable. But I do understand if some govs like Hickenlooper say they don’t like to be in the legislative branch(read somewhere, haven’t confirmed it for myself yet).

2 Likes

El Paso sent a letter on May 23 saying that the campaign’s account is “extremely bigly past due.”

This change might have elicited more favorable results.

1 Like

Cockholster doesn’t pay his bills? Nobody could’ve possibly seen that coming.

3 Likes

I don’t hold those that voted for Trump in very high regard. But some deserve a bit more scorn than others. If a pol has beliefs and policies that seemingly single out a class you belong to for special mistreatment I cannot fathom your loyalty. If David Duke ran for Senate black people voting for him would need their sanity questioned. If Louis Farrakhan ran for Governor then all the Jews voting for him would be labeled clueless.

Similarly, Trump is a proven misogynist of the highest order. Yet millions of women vote for him.

2 Likes

“Ernst has no challenger, no one standing by to announce either.”

That’s not true any longer:

8 Likes

There aren’t very many Republicans in El Paso.

tRump didn’t crack 25% in the 2016 general election.

The Greens ran more candidates than the Republicans did.

3 Likes

Hooray! I purely hate it when GOP pols run unopposed.

4 Likes

I’ll have to be blunt and say i strongly disagree. Beto has a choice of losing his campaign for President, or he can phenomenally increase his chances of winning if he switched his race to the Senate. Once race is almost guaranteed (losing). The other is quite doable (winning). I’d also add that if he did change his race to the Senate, that move would also be much better for the country as a whole since Dems would be in a better position to retake the Senate in 2020, as well. I know that’s my own wishful thinking, but I can’t help myself.

@tena
@ANNFFL

3 Likes

Just following traditional tRUmp tactics, screw the subs and if they squawk sue them

Another woman, at that! Even is she is a Republican.

When will we get a male candidate named Sue?

1 Like

Great news, thanks!

I can fully understand why Beto would be gun shy about challenging Cornyn. Cruz was/is the most hated man in the senate, he came close but couldn’t get there. Cornyn offends on so many levels but maybe that’s a job for Julian Castro to undertake. But it comes down to money, sadly, so it puts a lot of contenders off. Incumbents do fundraising very well.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available