Discussion: 'Extremely Past Due': Trump Campaign Still Owes $470K To El Paso For Rally

It’s a city with a majority of browns, bills from them have a low priority.

4 Likes

Uh, I wouldn’t blame Beto so much for that as I would Vanity Fair. I don’t think he approached them.

4 Likes

Don’t worry…Mexico will pay for it…

11 Likes

He came off sounding like a dilettante, a young man without a goal who approached politics as he did other endeavors which ultimately failed.

3 Likes

I think it’ll be bad for his future career if he loses a second time, considering his name recognition. The stakes are high to run for senate again.

3 Likes

If it is then it will be a damn shame. Beto has a lot to offer.

4 Likes

90% of El Paso Republicans either think this is just fine or haven’t heard of it yet since Fox is silent on the matter, like all of trump’s debts and shady business practices- and this is ‘par for the course’ for our golfing grifter.

Register people to vote, Run for office. Change the channel.

3 Likes

Yep but if he runs for Senate, his chance also somewhat depends on the Dem presidential nominee.

1 Like

Every senate race will depend to a certain extent on the nominee. Coattails.

4 Likes

So, he has a choice of losing in one race or the other. There are other Ds running for the presidency who could also be running and trying to dislodge an incumbent R senator like Gardner of CO but the CO gov Bennet is going to run for president instead. Ernst doesn’t have a challenger. The hand writing’s on the wall. We won’t win the senate in 2020 if no one steps up.

6 Likes

Maybe he didn’t want to run for Senate for fear that the presidential nominee whose ideology is too different from his might hurt his chance. I dunno.

He was pretty much talked into a run for the presidency. His momentum was incredible when he ran against Ted. If he could start that engine again, things would change in the presidential race a lot.

2 Likes

I’m kinda worried about IA and ME. Should try to flip them but still no one’s running.

It would be extremely easy for a moderately-talented ad person to create a hard-hitting series of ads based on all the ordinary workers that Trump has stiffed in his career. They should have been running continuously on social media and on local TV for the last three years, but I’ve never seen anything.

3 Likes

Women are starting to question why vote for a man at all when we have several extremely qualified women running. Do we believe as a party that a woman cannot take down trumPP? That would be a shame.

5 Likes

I remember reading about a research which found that about 80% of respondents said they’d vote for a woman but one third of them didn’t believe others would do so. That’s interesting but also alarming. It’s not just people’s bias but also their wrong perception of the world that pushes them to vote safe with white guys.

4 Likes

Is that WI? As to ME, there was flurry of fundraising after her vote on Kav, but Collins’ approval rating remains high. We underestimate the power of being an incumbent particularly in name recognition.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hickenlooper really should be running for that Senate seat. I like Andrew Romanoff, but he’s already lost to Gardner for that seat once already. He also lost the 6th district house race in 2014 to Mike Coffman (bye Felicia, my old district but I’ve moved into the 7th since this election). There are 10 other Democrats in state vying for that seat, with less name recognition than Romanoff.

Irt Ernst, I just happened to see a story yesterday announcing a Democratic challenger.

5 Likes

this one’s commonly referred to as the"tRUmp CONtractor special"

wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on a check, tRUmp’s too busy paying himself and lawyers with his campaign war chest, ain’t nothing going to be left over for the El Paso marks

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available