Discussion: Experts On Carson's Pyramid Theories: 'He Doesn't' Even Deserve Response

Discussion for article #242687

1 Like

“Does he even deserve a response? He doesn’t,”

Sort of applies universally in his case.

11 Likes

Those damm secular progressives, oppressors of ‘faith based’ people…

6 Likes

In the video, Carson says: “My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids in order to store grain.”

The various bibles are filled with men’s personal theories.

Certainly doesn’t make them true.

9 Likes

His “personal theory”? Really? We all get one of those now-damn the facts? Good Lord! He’s a doctor. Would he recommend a lobotomy based on a pet theory or would he practice evidence based medicine?

4 Likes

It’s just a matter of time before he starts advocating blood-letting to “rid the body of the demons.” And then he’ll attend clown barber college.

2 Likes

I believe he would tell you that he’s practicing “evidence based pandering” haha

4 Likes

and this hair brained idiot is polling 2nd. says a lot about the dismal gop.

4 Likes

Yes, we do.

Here’s mine: they’re all part of an early, failed theme park development. By the time the Jenga inventor figured it out
("Hold on: yes, these pyramidal shapes are stable, but at the same time, booooooorrrrrringg.
Now, how ‘bout we build all the pieces like identical rectangles, that would sure poses more immediate threat of total collapse … THAT COULD BE FUN!’).

3 Likes

I have a theory that the stress of Ben Carson’s childhood has made him a little flaky in the head, and I am not just saying that. I feel for the guy, but in no way believe he could handle being POTUS.

6 Likes

I don’t think he’s pandering. Religion is a personal belief in things that are unprovable. It’s also a world-view for many evangelicals. So, it’s not surprising that he and his followers have no problem believing fact-free explanations that the rest of us find puzzling. We truly live in different worlds.

2 Likes

“Some people believed” that the world was flat. They were wrong, too. While Dr. Carson is free to believe whatever he wants, he can’t force his superstitions on the rest of us. He’s wrong, he’s a liar and he will never, ever be elected President of the United States. But then, he’s just selling books and making money off of stupid people. No law against that, either.

2 Likes

Thus Faux Gnus.

2 Likes

It might be worth pointing out that the pyramids at Giza were built at least 1500 years before even the oldest postulated dates for the Jews coming to Egypt (if,indeed,the Jews were ever in Egypt at all, the evidence is almost non-existent).

Then again, maybe it’s not worth pointing out.

6 Likes

once again…

1 Like

Dr. Carson’s whole campaign appears to be a simple Pyramid Scheme! LOL

2 Likes

Are any of this cycle’s GOP presidential offerings smarter than a 5th grader? Not even close.

1 Like

My own personal theory

1 Like

“Carson said that’s more likely than the accepted archaeological conclusion that the massive structures were built as tombs for pharaohs.”

That’s not what he said and we all know it. As we all heard, his claim was that his “theory” was better than the scientific theory- that the pyramids were built by aliens. Fucking aliens. That’s what the “secular progressive” scientists believe according to this guy. As stupid as is his claim about Joseph and his granaries, his view of science is equally kooky. But here is the AP quietly trying to make his view seem a little more mainstream.

1 Like

“Some people believe in the Bible like I do and don’t find that to be
silly at all, and believe that God created the Earth and don’t find that
to be silly at all,” Carson said. “The secular progressives try to
ridicule it every time it comes up and they’re welcome to do that.”

Carson is welcome to his beliefs. and his interpretation of the Bible.

Except the the Bible doesn’t even mention the Pyramids. And there is no specific data that Joseph ever existed separate from the Bible. There are representations of people in multicolored coats but there’s no indication they were people from Israel (which didn’t exist at the time). There is a large slab of stone at the Cairo Museum which does mention Hebrews but not Joseph or his coat.

Additionally there is no empirical evidence that God created the earth 6000 years ago. In fact the Bible does not mention any time frame for Creation.

3 Likes