Discussion: EXCLUSIVE: Missouri Gov. Accused Of Blackmail Allegedly Slapped Ex-Lover

I gotta say, from the 1st mention of this issue, it was stated the woman did not press charges. So, in some respect, this seems like the ex-husband trying to cash in.

He MAY have a civil case and maybe the recording of his ex-wife is useful for that. But unless this Governor can be charged for something criminally based solely on the tape, I’m not seeing “front page” news here, even if there was an “exclusive” additional charge from the ex-husband (which would probably be thrown out as hearsay, no?).

1 Like

5 Likes

Well, can’t “like” the post. But appreciate the information.

3 Likes

did he slap her? i dont know, only my hairdresser knows for sure :smiley:

4 Likes

What kind of civil case? The claim for whatever they used to call it when you started carrying on with someone else’s wife hasn’t been recognized in a very long time.

The relevance of the story is that the governor is a sleazeball, regardless of how he tries to portray himself as a goody-two-shoes my-shit-don’t-stink kinda guy.

4 Likes

Isn’t the service-marked motto of Greitens’ Garrot, Eric’s exclusive Members Only club,
Beat me. Whip Me. Call me a waitress. Make me write bad checks.℠?

@clunkertruck “A clarinet? A CLARINET? Now you’ve gone too far, Mr. Horsey!”

4 Likes

My first thought too.

1 Like

I couldn’t watch it …

I’m slightly passed my oil change miles —

4 Likes

Once was enough for me. Weird enough when there was a whole movie around it.

3 Likes

So far I haven’t heard one mention of a safe word. It would be comforting to hear they had one.

1 Like

2 Likes

All the other stuff happening today (like every other day in the past year) is unutterably depressing – Republicans destroying American norms government and reputation, terrorizing refugees, law-abiding immigrants and DACA children raised as Americans, looting future generations to fund Generation Grift, enthusiastically embracing climate change, attacks on the poor from every conceivably direction. Republicans are so devoid of morality and human decency that they are actually proud of all that. They do good works because they are good people. Yippee!

Today we pile on and PILE ON AND PILE ON not because it’s the Republicans’ worst offense or even in the top 100 but because sexual misconduct is the ONLY sin they acknowledge. These are the only blows they feel - Maybe if we can get them doubting whether the are good people, they’ll get around to examining their works.

Also, waaaay funnier to joke about sexual hypocrisy than, e.g., DACA kids being deported to a country they’ve never seen and where they don’t even speak the language.

2 Likes

I said “may” because I don’t know. Yeah, the guy’s a sleaze for sure, and it’s been reported. Just doesn’t seem like much of an ongoing story at the moment. Not a very shiny object at all.

2 Likes

“Modest tax increase”?

2 Likes

Thanks for the laugh.

2 Likes

David Lynch’s imagination has nothing on this guy.

4 Likes

Greitens admitted in a statement that he had conducted the affair but denied allegations that he blackmailed the woman into silence by taking a nude photo of her while her arms were bound by tape to exercise equipment in his basement.

Technically it’s the “rumpus room”

6 Likes

"This was a consensual relationship that lasted multiple months and was years ago before Eric was elected Governor.”

Except that it happened in 2015 and he was elected in 2016, which makes it one year before Eric was elected governor. Why do Republicans lie so often about stuff that can be confirmed as a lie. It ruins the credibility on the lies that can’t be proven.

3 Likes

His fate is SEALed.

4 Likes

So if she told anyone about the affair with him, he was going to release naked photos of her bound to exercise equipment in his house? And say what about them? That she broke in to his house, took off her clothes, tied her self to his Total Gym 1400™, and took selfies? Sounds like a plan.

I think the Show Me State can stop showing me, now. I’ve seen plenty. Thanks!

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available