Discussion: Ex-Trump Attorney Michael Cohen Sentenced To 36 Months In Prison

1 Like

Womp, womp.

13 Likes

Sez who? Sez who?

11 Likes

Cohen’s statement was pretty damning for the current occupant.

19 Likes

Lest we forget how not normal this is: The president had a consigliere. The consigliere is doin’ time.

42 Likes

I like my personal attorneys who aren’t captured.

44 Likes

Another day with the TV in my office…

4 Likes

Anyone have the list of 20 GOP Senators that will risk the wrath of Trump, their party, their voters, their campaign contributors, and the corporate world reaping benefits from all the above, and vote for conviction in an impeachment trial? Anyone? 20 names?

I thought not.

Trump walks.

4 Likes

I sure hope he spends his time close to the NY AG, and sings the whole opera.

9 Likes

That’s seems in line with what everyone was predicting

3 Likes

2 Likes

I do not know where this is but the judge is allowing him time with his family.

11 Likes

Looks like he won’t be running Trump’s campaign collection arm for 2020…

9 Likes

I think this is appropriate. He probably got less time than he would’ve without Bob Mueller’s recommendation. Also, too, I think general Flynn should do some time even though he’s been very cooperative. There are just some crimes that deserve punishment.

19 Likes

Three years seems a pretty harsh sentence for Peanut Stuff.

7 Likes

Which gives credence to his pledge to “make it right.”
I believe him when he says he was in a cloud of blind, misplaced loyalty, too.
Anyone interested in watching a cult-victim come out of their stupor should keep track of Cohen.
Here’s hoping he uses the time he got to tell the whole story. Hard to make lemonade out of these lemons, but writing a book would make his time go quicker and easier.
Been there, done that.

11 Likes

HOW can you TRUST a guY that ALL he does IS LIE???

15 Likes

In a dramatic courtroom moment, Cohen stood up and announced that he made the payouts “in coordination and at the direction of” Trump “for the purpose of influencing the 2016 election.”

Now that’s a nice, big BOOM!

25 Likes

I’m happy that he’s going to jail for a few years AND for the fact that he has a $500,000 fine and owes $1.3 or $1.4 million in back taxes. This provides a moment of fairness for the little guy who pays his taxes despite worrying about affording his kid’s asthma medication.

32 Likes

Perhaps, but I think that they should be forced to make that vote after the evidence is heard in a Senate trial. THEN let the voters judge.

No one should assume the verdict before the trial.

10 Likes