Discussion: Ex-Secret Service Director: Agency Needs To Be 'More Like Disney World'

Discussion for article #228355

Yes, your job being to protect the POTUS isn’t a serious one at all. SMH

3 Likes

Yeah, umm… White House as kiddie theme park. Perfect. Bye Bye lady. Thanks for your service, but this just wasn’t the gig for you.

Also - PRO TIP for everyone who works in a large organization- when the long knives come out, EVERY SINGLE THING you said in the past will come back to bite you harder than the robots at the Pirates of the Caribbean. Remember that everyone in Washington has a pet reporter on speed dial. Just sayin.

9 Likes

Obama is not Goofy

1 Like

“I respect Pierson’s service, but she hasn’t been on a protective mission in two decades,” the supervisor said. “She doesn’t know anything about security planning in a post-9/11 world.”

So was her appointment merely a political one, just because she is a woman? If so, who appointed her?

Thanks, Julia–don’t let the White House screen door hit you!

1 Like

“…her appointment was a political one…”

I’m happy to see her go, and I attribute the situation to a bad hire. But it wasn’t “political” like political appointments. Ms. Pierson was a career SS employee with 30 years of experience throughout the organization. Nothing funny about her being a candidate for the appointment. We’ve all had bad hires in retrospect that at the time appeared logical.

5 Likes

Looks to me she had 2 decades hands off experience…

2 Likes

Not all SS work is protective detail at the WH. For a really interesting look at their work during the 2012 campaign, see Marc Ambinder’s article at Daily Beast today. A lot of logistical work is involved that’s relevant but may not be hands-on in the way of the WH lapses. You just can’t discount 30 years of service as wasted or doing nothing with no supporting documentation.

3 Likes

Aint that the truth.

1 Like

The quote you cite does not say that. Why are you spinning it as such; are you repeating FOX talking points?

1 Like

The problem is she was the director of the US Secret Service not some State Department employee trying to make people feel invited. Some person from the President’s national security team should have been trying to convince Pierson to soften the perceived security.

There is both perceived security and actual security. It might be possible to down grade perceived security without downgrading actual security. That should have been her focus but only after she received her marching orders from somebody in the President’s inner circle.

1 Like

“Ex-Secret Service Director: Agency Needs To Be ‘More Like Disney World’”

Created by an anti-semite? Not sure where she’s going with this…

1 Like

Where she was going is she wanted the visiting heads of state to feel welcome. That wasn’t her job.

1 Like

There was an experienced fellow to whom they offered the job but he declined once a background search showed he had been accused of a racial slur, though exonerated. He probably didn’t want that coming up again. (Per the NYT)

So instead we got this ditz.

1 Like

No shit?

If you haven’t seen the very weird indy movie *Escape From Tomorrow, *which involves Disney being a secret police state, it’s well worth hunting down.

That would be the Pee Tardy.

This woman personifies the word “bimbo.” She is an embarrassment to women in high-level positions, and women in management everywhere. She should never have been placed in that position, and I wonder what made anybody think she was qualified to be? She certainly cannot have been the most qualified person for that position, male or female.

1 Like

Please tell me I am not reading what I am seeing here? Disneyfuckingland??

This attributed quote to the ex Director of the Secret Service of the United States will have hordes of spooks heading down to Orlando :slight_smile:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available