Given that TPM is a political site it would seem worth mentioning that Duke is not only a former Klansman but he WON a Louisiana governor’s race. The margin was close enough to trigger a runoff, which he subsequently lost, but he WON the original contest.
I’m guessing he can run. But in some States he cannot vote.
That’s my neighborhood and that’s my life too. I just don’t fucking get any of this. I just don’t. Right now, I’m at the Weezer concert drinking a beer in the outdoor lounge watching all these kids who came to see Panic At The Disco and these kids don’t give a damn about any of this stupid mess. I may want to slap the taste out their mouths over this Bernie business or, worse, Pokémon Go, but the kids are alright and that makes me happy. Now no more politics.
You certainly are NOT.
David Duke With the Baggage vs. David Duke Without the Baggage?
Steve Scalise With the Baggage vs. Steve Scalise Without the Baggage?
Grab the popcorn.
anti-establishment feeling
… so That’s the euphemism that racist cross-burners cover their asses with these days?..
… it just seems that way since the mouth-breathers are using the latest is Bose sound technology…
…I’m just gonna plug in my headset and double my Prozac while playing Dark Side of the Moon again…
…oh…yeahhhhh… much… better… ![]()
… cause he went over soooooo well in 1816…
Wouldn’t that more accurately be “kkkeynoter”?
That’s the stuff. Hope you enjoyed the music.
Guess he gave up on becoming Trump’s Veep. He just wasn’t racist enough.
You never know with the LA jungle primary. If Duke makes it to the runoff, I agree that he should lose regardless of the oponent. But, there is no guarantee that it would be Duke vs. a Dem in the final election.
So Steve Scalise, who famously described himself as David Duke without the baggage, now finds himself with baggage named David Duke?
'Tis a good day for irony. I just wish the karma had been a little more instant.
RIP, Ralph Stanley.
“He crawled on his hands and his knees to the black caucus. This should not stand,”
Nice imagery to appeal to the Republican voter.
I was listening today to the Goldwater/Rockefeller divide in the early Sixties.
Either one of them would have stomped the life out of a Duke, or a Scalise for that matter, campaign.
These people aren’t Americans and have no concept of our values.
It’s time to start saying that loudly about their party as Goldwater and Rockefeller themselves would have.
Of course Reagan would have had trouble processing that.
The most frustrating part about this latest surge of racism is this:
I turned on the tube last night and went to MSNBC. The “election music” was playing…which subliminally gives sheeple a notion that DEMOCRACY is being practiced in these United States.
There was a panel of Eugene Robinson and Rachel Maddow (who I more or less approve of) and Nicole Wallace and Brian Williams (who I would not mind taking to Chiapas with an “I’m a wealthy landowner” sign attached to their limos.) As they talked my spirit went down and further down and I must confess that I only watched the thing for recon purposes.
Here we have the most overtly racist political figure in 84 years who is also the only demagogic fascist to have ever gotten this far in American politics…and the casual and routine way in which this situation was discussed made me imagine visitors to a Middle Passage vessel of the 1700s choosing to talk about the challenges of oceanic voyages of the eighteenth century.
THE RACISM IS VASTLY MORE VILE AND HIDEOUS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS PANEL, NOT NUT-CASES LIKE DUKE. In America, ROUTINIZATON and NORMALIZATION will mainstream Trump’s ghastly xenophobic/fascist racism for many many more months to come, no matter what happens in November.
It is always the fucker in the studio who normalizes the unthinkable.
UNTHINKABLE
Not just campaign. He’s right on time to be Trump’s VP pick!
It’s open season on the GOP by its bigoted base.
yup. repugnant, too.