Discussion: Ex-Ga. GOP Aide Sues Party, Claims Colleague Called Her 'House N*gger'

Discussion for article #224891

Ms Keith: that’s who these people are, that’s what they do, and this is what they believe.

Welcome to the Democratic Party.

8 Likes

Very little chance she’ll jump to the Democratic Party. A minority woman is already someone who is deep into delusion territory to even think about voting Republican to begin with.

7 Likes

This has to be a stunt?

1 Like

Seriously, WTF did you expect?

3 Likes

I’m a cynic, so it could be a shakedown.

This early on, it’s all speculation.

2 Likes

That’s my reaction as well. Don’t wanna be subjected to racism in the workplace? Don’t work for the Republican Party.

6 Likes

Oh, well if the party investigated and found no wrongdoing, why even have a trial?

1 Like

I am shocked that this sort of behavior coming from professionals in the Republican party does not shock me.

2 Likes

Why? It sounds perfectly plausible to me.

2 Likes

Ever join or been hired by an organization that put on a good face during the hiring process and only revealed the toxicity of the workplace environment gradually? I have.

2 Likes

At times like this, I have to remind myself, even Republicans deserve to have workplace protections–the same workplace protections they’re working day and night to strip away.

6 Likes

What did she expect when she went to work for the devil?

1 Like

I can hear the judge and jury now, didn’t she know.

Niger Innis can expect something like to happen to him. “What say, I mispronounced your name?”

2 Likes

Really. If she hasn’t been listening to these assholes in the last 5 years, she thoroughly deluded herself until it actually happened to her…which for most people doesn’t come as any surprise, at least not anyone with half a brain. All I can say is good luck getting justice for your complaint in Georgia. That’s gotta be a tough row to hoe…

She needs to take her case federal regarding discriminatory labor law if she wants to get any serious results, but I would assume their needs to be a pattern or proven record of discrimination by these people when it comes to that level of malevolence.

3 Likes

Not the predictable part of being called names but the plausibility of working for the GOP and not knowing it would be different from Driving Ms. Daisy.

A zillion years ago when I was hired by an airline I was told by a smiling HR person that I’d have to quit when I reached 35 and that I was forbidden to marry. He smiled, I smiled back, but I wanted and needed the job, EEOC laws overturned all that some years later.

1 Like

Some people are idealistic – until they’re not. This may be Ms. Keith’s awakening.

3 Likes

Precisely.