Discussion: EPA Pulls Agents Off Probes For Pruitt's 24/7, 18-Member Security Detail

1 Like

Not that we need yet another example, but this captures what kind of person says “yes” to working for the Trumpp admin.

30 Likes

21 Likes

Well…if they’re protecting Pruitt, they can’t be investigating environmental crimes. That’s just a bonus for Pruitt and his corporate enablers.

26 Likes

Twofer.

11 Likes

I was gonna post something, but between you and @pshah, you’ve said everything I was gonna say…

ETA: see what I did there? Got a post out of thin air, haha.

11 Likes

— ‘if you don’t classify this particular chemical in this particular way, I’m going to hurt you,’” Sullivan added.

Smells fishy.

9 Likes

It’s like the heat and storms and wildfires and drinking water and toxic sludge are all after me. I need protection.

9 Likes

This puts the agents right where we need them – Pruitt is an environmental crime.

12 Likes

“We have at least four times — four to five times the number of threats against Mr. Pruitt than we had against Ms. [Gina] McCarthy,” Patrick Sullivan, the EPA’s assistant inspector general for investigations, told CNN.

Does this not tell him anything about how the American people feel about what he’s doing to our country? Gina McCarthy didn’t receive any threats because… GOSH! She was protecting the environment!

24 Likes

“We have at least four times — four to five times the number of threats
against Mr. Pruitt than we had against Ms. [Gina] McCarthy…"

There’s a reason for that.

20 Likes

So usually you have people threatening government officials for enforcing the law against them.

4 Likes

According to documents obtained by E&E News through a Freedom of Information Act request in July, the EPA spent nearly double the amount previous administrations spent on security in its first three months under Pruitt.

It’s almost as if Pruitt is afraid he’s done something wrong to piss off the entire country! What could that be???

22 Likes

There’s a few wack-job monkeywrenchers out there, and in the age of Trump they might feel like what the hell, desperate measures and so forth. But damn, dude, 18 people? Something’s weird about that.

18 Likes

Agency chief has a history of working against agency.
Agency chief cuts funding to unofficially shut down agency.
Agency chief increases personal spending by many orders of magnitude.
Agency chief says goal of agency is exact opposite of charter.
Exodus of professionals from agency because their research is politicized.
Militarization of non-military agency.

Looks like a pattern.

19 Likes

Let’s take a closer look at his travel arraignments and revisit his lawless shenanigans as OKAG. This guy stinks on ice.

11 Likes

Another wingnut snowflake.

Rather than anonymous threats., the public should be more interested in what people do for Pruitt in exchange for favorable EPA regulations.

7 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Pruitt’s security detail results in unconstitutional intimidation of those who want to exercise their second amendment rights while speaking with him.

The NRA needs to get on this pronto. Americans must always feel free to be armed when in the presence of potential government tyranny.

11 Likes