Discussion: Embattled Trump Inaugural Committee Failed To Disclose Key Finances To IRS

Just found the title to the upcoming PBS Documentary.

Malfeasance Or Ineptitude, The Fall of the 45th POTUS.

As the cartoon character Archer says…“it’s a little A and a little of B”.

8 Likes

Trump is trying to be more notorious than Sante Kimes.

1 Like

Since this is a part of Team Mueller’s scope of inquiry, I can rest easy when I read articles such as this.

1 Like

Bear in mind Trump paid off the 25 million dollar settlement for his fraud ‘university’ days before the inauguration.

24 Likes

Wonder if the beard is part of the “incognito” persona when he heads to South America (or, more likely, Moscow). Actually, now that I think about it, he can probably use the beard in Siberia…

1 Like

Don’t know much about history
Dont’ know much biology
Don’t know much about Algebra
Don’t know much about the French I took

But I do know that Drumpf is crooked
And very very soon he will be book-ed

And what a WONDERFUL WORLD that will be…

28 Likes

With this administration assuming the worst has yielded the most accurate results.

17 Likes

Wait, is TPM breaking this news? Is this a TPM story? Way to go guys, you are small but mighty. Oh, and smart…don’t forget smart! :+1:

15 Likes

“Malfeasance Or Ineptitude?”

Don’t tell me that they lay-out editor wrote that with a straight face. Good think I wasn’t drinking my coffee when I read it.

2 Likes

It’s sleaze and graft all the way down.

6 Likes

Trump’s entire career (and his father’s) is based on making as much money as possible and skirting as many laws as possible and to do so without getting caught in a big way. In this he has been consistent always and his election to the presidency did not slow this down but opened multiple new opportunities for him and his children. When you look at it as a continuum nothing about any of his behavior before or after taking office actually stands out. For Trump, chaotic though it appears from the outside, it is just business as usual. The only thing that has changed is the level of scrutiny.

29 Likes

This has been Trump’s script for decades:

1. Do whatever you damn well please
  2. People complain
  3. Tell them to fuck off
  4. They fuck off

But Robert Mueller isn’t “fucking off”
And Letitia James isn’t “fucking off”
And SDNY isn’t “fucking off”
And the IRS won’t “fuck off” (hopefully)
And the New York Tax Authority won’t “fuck off”
And the press won’t “fuck off”

And the citizens of this country aren’t “fucking off” either

39 Likes

In essence, like anything Trump’s name is attached to, the underlings ran amok.

7 Likes

Naw, this is more than just your standard grift. Trump’s committee was likely told to hide where money came from. Intentionally.

This is because Trump was aiming to pay secret donors back. As he has been, all along.

16 Likes

You mean he was “disruptive” before the tech companies even thought of it?

3 Likes

Presidential harassment.

3 Likes

A Boston Globe report at the time said that many top Republican donors who didn’t believe Trump could win saw lavish contributions to the inaugural as a means to “find a way in” to the administration.

But it’s not clear how much the donors got in return, in the form of tickets, transportation expenses, or other things of value.

And let us thank the overrated American “Free Press” and Media, that allowed Trump, Giuliani, Gingrich and everyone at FOX News to get away with claiming that any charitable contribution to the Clinton Foundation was criminal bribery “Pay to Play” totally unchallenged during the entirety of the Obama Administration and election campaign.

29 Likes

One of the problems with complex tax fraud charity schemes is that it’s complex. The average reader/viewer doesn’t understand. It takes knowledge and creativity to be able report/explain how this all worked.

4 Likes

Lemme guess, all those fine upstanding people at The Trump Family Foundation were running or consulting for the inauguration committee “non-profit”—am I close???

At least we know that the committee itself was non-profit. Everything was “free” and all the money went into Trump’s personal pocket, right?!?!

6 Likes

“Malfeasance Or Ineptitude?” Yes. lets give them the benefit of the doubt. They just didn’t know. Donnie never ever hides his finances, slithers around tax and other financial laws, or tries to portray an untrue reality. You can’t expect a world-renowned successful billionaire to hire the best, can you?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available