Discussion: Embattled Northam Drags His Heels As Democrats Seek To Push Him Out

But he’s refused to resign, and spent a Monday morning meeting with his cabinet to see whether they thought he could continue on as governor.

To ask this question is to already know the answer.

10 Likes

"and hope that the national media moves on in a few days and the pressure on him to leave starts dissipating."

He’s not Trump.

5 Likes

So, he should reign wherher it was him in the photo or not? No!

3 Likes

Yes, at this point, he should. He’s already admitted to having worn black face, he submitted the photo to be on his page, and he’s cocked up the response so badly that it’s hard to fathom he’s actually telling the truth about it not being him.

13 Likes

He said that he was one of the men in that photo.

Which is it?

2 Likes

Lest we forget–he was a Republican when the pix were taken, and he remained until 2004. So his behavior than had zero to do with Democrats.

5 Likes

Why is it that we have a racist in the White House, but Democrats have to be pure as the driven? Are Democrats so wimpy that they can’t respond to charges of racism the Republicans have no business making in the first place?

8 Likes

He needs to take a stand against this BS and stay. Not once have I read any discussions on whether he changed his thinking on actions such as this in the last 34 years.

2 Likes

I’m old enough to remember Rush and Ryan filing censure motions against Steve King, but if you remember differently, then please show your work.

3 Likes

That’s certainly one way to look at it. Here’s another.

https://twitter.com/thestagmania/status/1092408407313784832?s=21

And another.

7 Likes

Which raises a question. Gov. Northam may or may not have done a couple of highly offensive things, and his attempt to explain the situation was foolishly handled. But he generally seems a good man who may well be faced with having to step down for a couple of serious indiscretions.

In the White House, we have a “president” with a long history of racism, misogyny, and fiscal irresponsibility, who has brought great harm to countless people. Moreover, in his current capacity he is responsible for thousands of children being separated from their parents and families, waging war on innocent refugees for merely trying to seek better and safer lives here in our nation, wreaked havoc on our trade relationships and many of our own businesses, and incessantly lied to the American people – over 8500 times at last count.

Pray tell, where are the cries for his resignation from across the political spectrum. If Gov. Northam should resign for his offense, Trump should most certainly be tarred and feathered and run out on a rail.

5 Likes

Anyone can leap in, but here’s a few pertinent questions.

1. why did Northam say that he was one of the two men (presumably both were men) in that photo?

2. is blackface credible entertainment?

3. what does Trump have to do with Northam staying?

4. do you have a ‘red line’ as it relates to bad behavior?

thanks

5 Likes

“I think there’s a rightful hesitation about removal from office,” House Speaker Kirk Cox ® told reporters on Monday.

Yea, something tells me the Virginian GOP really don’t wanna be held to this standard.

5 Likes

You done fucked up, Northam

4 Likes

Trump can (and should) be voted out in 2020. The same goes for Mitch as well, but please continue.

3 Likes

Seeing how Bob Marshall is one of theirs.

1 Like

One way or another, Northam’s toast.

But I wonder when this zero-tolerance policy by Dems is going to bite someone in the ass?
Because it most assuredly will do so.

Purity demands of any kind are dangerous, and especially so on social mores in a changing world.
It leaves no avenue of escape.

We cannot create a party that says, “What you once were, you still are” when all available evidence points the other way.

5 Likes

I’m so sick of this idea that listening to black Dems or the black communities concerns is some sort of “purity test”.

13 Likes

Which is it? #thisisgettingexasperating

3 Likes