Discussion: Edward Snowden: 'If I End Up In Chains In Guantanamo, I Can Live With That'

Discussion for article #225245

Agnostic about Snowden as person or the means by which the data was released. Agree that populace needed to know the invasive scope of NSA surveillance.

But “in chains at Guantanamo”? Melodramatize, much?

25 Likes

Dude, they’d not send you to Guantanamo. You’ll probably end up in a medium security federal facility, possibly Butner in NC. You’ll do no more than ten years for your crimes, especially if you simply confess.

13 Likes

Rotten timing, Eddie. Why don’t you denounce the lack of freedom in Russia?

14 Likes

Comes with a free sex change.

5 Likes

Oh please Eddie. Give us break here

10 Likes

A year as Putin’s bitch has turned Eddie into quite the drama queen.

19 Likes

Oh, please…

He thinks it’ll be arroz con pollo every day.

4 Likes

Easier said than done, dear Snowden.

3 Likes

Makes no sense, the poor victim. Is happy in Russia, but will be happy to be chained up. No jury would convict him in USA but the thing is he can’t get a fair trial the States!

I know: Putgin’s old KGB pals are doing aggressive drug experiments on Snowden and he’s lost his senses of place, time, logical reasoning!

7 Likes

Oh I think he can’t live with that (not that it would happen, of course it wouldn’t). Otherwise he’d leave Russia immediately and end his implicit endorsement of Putin.

8 Likes

Lustre peeling off the martyrdom?

Bring it on home Fast Eddie.
I support your day in court.

May even come to appreciate your actions.
But that’ll never occur under present terms.

jw1

11 Likes

“I think it would be very difficult to find any 12 Americans in the United States right now who would uniformly agree that the last year’s revelations about the NSA’s unconstitutional surveillance programs did not serve the public interest,"

Fortunately, this isn’t exactly the legal standard, but good try.

6 Likes

Denounce the lack of freedom in Russia?

That would require approval directly from the top, from Greenwald himself, and that okay just hasn’t come through. Pretty sure Assange could also block it as insensitve, being an RT employee.

11 Likes

What a fuggin’ drama queen.

He’d do a year in Club Fed, then make millions speaking to “libertarian” gatherings, maybe a bogus run for Congress in Texas.

SNOWDEN == BIG YENTA

12 Likes

If he could “live with that”, then why didn’t he stay and face the prospects for Justice? Answer? He clearly could not really “live with that”.

16 Likes

The seat once held by rupaul, now occupied by Steve Stockman, will be open.

3 Likes

I knew I could count on the comment section to be the usual cesspool of ignorance.The TPM regulars never disappoint when it comes to NSA and Snowden coverage.

Meh.

1 Like

I think he’s missing that performance artist girlfriend he left behind in Hawaii. Yea Eddie, it hurts. And no, and I’m sorry, but she ain’t waiting around.

4 Likes