Discussion: Donald Trump Declares Debate Victory

Discussion for article #239180

What the fuck just happened?

1 Like

His answers were all basically bullshit, but the other candidates didn’t really touch him. But I was somewhat surprised that Fox seemed to turn on him. I guess they really really want to win in 2016. Not that they have a favorite political party, of course.

3 Likes

Well, I can say I’m pretty sure he declared that even before the debate. That’s just how yoooge of a success it was.

2 Likes

After the debate, he went out to one of his many golf courses and hit eleven holes-in-one in a single round.

4 Likes

"Mr. Trump stated, “I am very proud of my great performance tonight. I am
not a debater, but I am a winner. If I am elected I will make this
country a total winner”

I’m gonna hold him to this comment should he get elected. If we lose once at ANYTHING it’s gonna be his frigging problem.

2 Likes

His only real flub was his response to “when and why did you become a Republican”. It was his only real faceplant (at least within the confines of the GOP Crazy™ sense of things) though I confess I missed the first 5 mins of the debate (fucking rush hour traffic and being on the left coast).

1 Like

YOOOOOGE !!!111!!!23 ONE!!!

He said he won (snicker)

6 Likes

Not I. As soon as he started off the debate saying he wouldn’t rule out a 3rd party run, I know it was game on from the Fox folks. That question was clearly put in their to box him in early, and he just pissed all over it. And they turned on him right away.

You can just tell that Matthews is just DYING to get him on Fox Sunday soon. He is going to cut him to pieces.

On a slightly different note, they really need to dial down those peppy diet pills they are feeding Kelly. She was WAY over the top from the get go. If Matthews hadn’t been there, this was have gone off the rails really quick…and by that I mean, American Idol would seem like really serious TV by comparison.

4 Likes

I did not watch the debates but from it seems all most of the talk at the different news web sites is mostly about Trump and very little about jeb!. Trump keeps sucking all the air out of the room, and he has kept with this longer than I thought he would.

2 Likes

Darr… should he get elected, we are all well and truly f*cked!!!

No joke.

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but I suspect that changes this weekend. Trump did himself no favors with Fox tonight, and Wallace at the very least, is going to turn his conversation to the “serious” candidates. I suspect much of the right wing media will follow that lead heading into next week.

4 Likes

I wonder how much that will matter. Trump generates a shitload of free publicity even without fox, and whether it is bad or good publicity doesn’t seem to matter thus far. He always seems to keep the attention on himself rather than the others. He makes good copy just for the stupid shit he says and the tea baggers seem to be eating it up.

3 Likes

I just saw Hannity interviewing Trump and Hannity was pretty much humping Trumps leg… But perhaps you are right that they will change tone this weekend.

3 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of commentary about how “tough” the moderators supposedly were on Trump, but all that really accomplished was giving him more airtime than any of the other candidates. Meanwhile, they totally ignored some of the most serious problems facing the country. Bernie Sanders had a field day with this over on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

4 Likes

I still think Trump is trolling the GOP in a YOOOOOOOOGE way. Looked like the Fox people are realizing that but hopefully his supporters won’t. I don’t think he really wants to be POTUS. Too confining and $400,000 year is peanuts to him. What happens with all business deals if he becomes POTUS? He’s not going to be able to do both and his freedom of mobility would be greatly diminished. You loose a ton of privacy and freedom of mobility as Pres and that’s for life not just the term, can’t imagine why he’d really want that. I’m just not buying he wants the job. Narcissist or not, I think he’s happy with what he’s doing and being POTUS doesn’t make a guy like him enough money, that’s what he’s all about in the end and he really won’t be able to speak off the cuff as Pres. If I were a guy like him, ego and all, being POTUS is not nearly as fun as being Trump.

1 Like

Meh…the establishment will let him get some Trumpmentum…then the rape allegations, tax improprieties, and other leaked malfeasance will start coming down from anonymous sources like sheets of rain.

3 Likes

“That was misreported. What actually happened, I actually hit eleven holes-in-one with a single swing!” boasted Trump later in an interview from Trump’s 19th Hole.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree because his run has never made sense as anything but trolling. But that he broke through what I thought was a single-digit ceiling, then a mid-upper teens ceiling, on to a solid 20s prior to the debate has given me some confusion (and pleasant surprises).

I have to confess the entertainment delta for me is through the roof.

2 Likes

By the way, his hair was an absolute triumph as well. Even in 1080p it looks like a blur on his head, like it has actually been blurred out. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

6 Likes