Discussion: Donald Rumsfeld Created A 'Churchill Solitaire' App

Discussion for article #245051

1 Like

It requires 10 rows of cards, plus some a bit north and east and somewhat south and west of there. But you play with the cards you have, not those you wish you had.

23 Likes

I’ve always found a game of “Twister” with Miss Vickie was a nice way to end the day.

1 Like

I like my Churchill app better. Involves drinking copious amounts of champagne or scotch, depending on the time of day.

8 Likes

“As mentally sharp”? No thanks.

6 Likes

It sounds like you jump in with both feet with no thought given to an end game until you are left with nothing but unwinnable options.

How interesting.

15 Likes

Ha, looked at the reviews for it. Apparently it is very buggy, and there are a lot of ‘in-app’ purchases. While some people like the game itself, the bugs are turning a lot of people off. Imagine that! Something Rumsfeld did doesn’t work right!!

6 Likes

He is probably still cheating…

1 Like

Hah. Does it use this deck of cards?:

I wouldn’t download a fucking app from Rummy unless it had this set of cards, and even then I wouldn’t want him to have the satisfaction of getting any royalties from it:

And wouldn’t it be more appropriate if Rummy came up with a Gin Rummy game instead of solitaire?

17 Likes
Rumsfeld applied those sharpened "instincts" in pushing for and overseeing the disastrous invasion of Iraq.

Jeez, Caitlin MacNeal: what are we gonna do if you make all of the best snarky comments first? :wink:

10 Likes

does your app also include burning giant cigars with the scotch too?

1 Like

As well as insulting Lady Astor

2 Likes

decided at age 83 to try his hand at developing a Solitaire game app.

Tough to start coding at that age, better to develop a taste for Mountain Dew & Cheetos early.

That’s perfect for Rumsfeld: get the mark bogged down in an unwinnable situation before you reveal the true cost. Then blame everything that goes wrong on lousy execution by someone else.

4 Likes

What the actual fuck?

2 Likes

It is too bad he didn’t play more solitaire instead of sending unprepared troops into an unnecessary war.

1 Like

You know what this means don’t ya? Darth Cheney isn’t far behind with a new version of RISK, and soon GWB will be out with a new game of STRATEGERY based on the boardgame STRATEGO. But alas, Trump already beat them all in the boardgame department…

4 Likes

I would love to see him in Solitaire confinement.

22 Likes

I don’t know, there are just too many unknown unknowns in the game for me, but I’m not planning on invading any foreign countries anytime soon.

2 Likes

winner!

7 Likes