Discussion: DNC Officially Sanctions Four New Democratic Presidential Debates

Discussion for article #245496

I guess this means DWS knows Hillary is in trouble.

3 Likes

NOOOO. We want tests of courage, agility and brute strength!!

2 Likes

Hey, Hillary can dodge bullets, just ask her.

2 Likes

All on Saturday at 5:00pm or so? Only to guaranteed that nobody will be watching…

2 Likes

This Hillary hatred really needs to stop.

6 Likes

About bleeping time. I’m a (lukewarm) Hillary supporter, but it drives me crazy to see her campaigning not to lose, instead of fighting to win. Especially because she’s performed pretty well in the debates so far. Oh, and can we please not schedule any of them for 3:00 AM, or opposite the Super Bowl?

4 Likes

Considering that Clinton excels at debates, how does this indicate she’s “in trouble?”

5 Likes

Lord in Heaven, you people are never satisfied.

3 Likes

I thought Bernie was afraid that he would be sanctioned, and now it is the future debates that get sanctioned. English–what a language!

2 Likes

Disappointed that there won’t be a debate in NY.

So you would rather thrash out her negatives in the general with Republicans than in the primary with Democrats, and maybe nominate somebody electable? I think the time to air Hillary’s negatives is now, while something can still be done about them. Republicans will never stop hating her, and will not politely stop talking about her past mistakes. On the contrary, a Clinton on the ballot will insure that every Republican goes to the polls.

I intend to support whoever wins the nomination, whole-heartedly. But if the comments here, and increasingly on every article regarding the Democratic nomination, represent how Sanders most vocal supporters feel when they get what they want, I find it difficult to imagine they will support Hillary if she wins the nomination.

To that end, I have seen several Hillary supporters clearly state they’ll support the ultimate Democratic nominee, whoever it is. So for the record, condew, The_Mask, Austin_Dave, imkmu3, will you?

I’m curious because this bitter act is getting really old.

5 Likes

Also, flammable and inflammable both mean the same thing.

1 Like

Nobody at the DNC gives a rat’s ass what anyone comments here. We who comment and read others’ comments learn a lot and find some comments humorous (at least I do), but not them - the DCN politicians and employees. I’ve written 3 letters over the past 6 weeks to the DNC to complain that they’ve minimized Bernie, and how, with enclosed articles to back up my statements. I have a collection of more articles to send them soon. I suggest you too write the DNC to tell them what you think. Somebody will read your letter. I imagine many others are like me and also write them to complain. I hope so. Write: Chair Debbie Wasserman - Schultz, DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003. If you really want to comment, do it by letter where your opinion will at least be read, even if not acted upon.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. I hope it lasts another 9 years or so.

5 Likes

Also, ravel and unravel.

Ha! I see what you did there. Well played!

No, the Clinton campaign has come to the justified conclusion - with Hillary doing well in debates - that more debates helps her more than it harms. So we can probably expect these debates to be scheduled such that they will attract more viewers.

And I say this as someone leaning towards Sanders, who also likes Hillary, and will vote for the Democratic candidate whoever wins nomination. So, Progress can we please refrain from generalizations about Sanders supporters or even Sander’s most vocal supporters - since I’m a pretty regular commenter at TPM, and I doubt anyone here would characterize me as non- or minimally vocal.

4 Likes

Oh, I see. You’re helping by piling on.

3 Likes