Discussion: Diplomat Who Putin Wants To Question: 'Chilling' That Trump Hasn't Rejected It

2 Likes

Indeed
Our good friend Andy Borowitz nails it again
“I Was Never This Blatant,” Says Benedict Arnold in Hell

HELL (The Borowitz Report)—Saying that he was “flabbergasted” by the events of this week, the Revolutionary War-era traitor Benedict Arnold offered a ringing defense of his own career in treason, asserting, “I was never this blatant.”

18 Likes

Trump: “It was an incredible offer. Putin will help interrogate our people as well as his. He even offered to bring the snacks! I’ve heard great things about them, he says they killed at his last get-together.”

12 Likes

Trump really doesn’t get that he has no means at his disposal to make something like this happen, does he?

Despite what suggestions Putin may have given him during their meeting

6 Likes

We will now know which Republicans are in Putin’s pocket.
The one’s who do not protest this openly might be thought of as Russian operatives.

7 Likes

I think Pooty-Poot won’t be satisfied until his pet Donald wipes out all sanctions and hands over Americans for interrogation.

6 Likes

McFaul should be in some sort of witness protection program at this point.

5 Likes

This dimwitted traitor sits brooding hour after hour like Nixon, refusing to admit he had no idea what he was agreeing to, no idea what the shocking reality was, no idea how clueless he is about how the world really works, no idea what kind of fire he’s playing with. Because if he did it, if he dared to actually do the thing it seems he agreed to, it would mean we’re all prisoners of war in our own country, with no rights or norms to protect us.

American citizenship and innocence of any sane charge should be enough protection. We’re waiting to find out if the fucking president of the United States can grasp that concept or simply understand the concept of no way JosĂ© ain’t gonna happen.

22 Likes

It’s not an ‘incredible offer’ until it includes steak knives.

16 Likes

It definitely has been like we are occupied by a hostile foreign power already.

8 Likes

I have a feeling it doesn’t really, really work.

4 Likes

Mr President, there is a solution:

Fire Sarah - you’re tired of her anyway.

Secretary Sanders was not authorized to speak on this matter. Of course, the government of the United States would never allow an adversary to interview former diplomatic staff. Former Obama staff and the fake news media are creating a smoke screen to conceal the success of Our Leader’s meeting with Our Beloved Partner Putin.

1 Like

Would be interesting to see how the right wingnuts on the Supreme Court react to this.

4 Likes

We’d get a second Dred Scott decision and the first one didn’t work out at all.

5 Likes

But wait! Just pay shipping and handling and get a second set free!

7 Likes

The biggest problem with stupidity, as John Cleese noted, is that stupid people don’t realize they are stupid because they are stupid. Otherwise known as the ‘Dunning–Kruger effect’.

(Which at least proves I can find some half-remembered rambling on Wikipedia)

9 Likes

Yesterday’s performance does not bode well for her continued employment.

But he will wait for a Friday, or a chance to abandon her on the side of the road somewhere.

1 Like

“Most shocking and just lamentable, I think was my real reaction when the White House was given the opportunity to categorically reject this moral equivalency between (1) a legitimate indictment with lots of data and evidence to support it from Mr. Mueller, with (2) a crazy, cockamamie scheme with no relation to facts whatsoever — the White House refused to do that,” McFaul said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Note to the former reality TV show host:

Number 1 above is not a Rigged Witch Hunt.
Number 2 above would absolutely be a Rigged Witch Hunt with pre-determined consequences of the most severe kind.

3 Likes

Agreed. And McFaul is an extremely articulate and saavy defender of his own rights.

and I really hope that there are people who have a “plan B” on hand to protect him if need be.

5 Likes

This has extremely dangerous consequences in the real world for Ambassador McFaul and others:

• Can they travel outside the US now, without fear of being snatched?

• Can they pass any fourth-floor window now, without looking over their shoulders?

• Can they dine publicly now – even in their own country – without fear of food or drink?

And what would Trump do if (G-d forbid) something should happen to them or their families?

He’d blame the victim, and find some double-negative, logic-twisting lie to exonerate Putin.

This is not a legitimate Commander-in-Chief; his loyalties lie with a hostile, foreign nation.

There’s only one explanation, and it starts with “T” and rhymes with “reason”.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available