Discussion: Did Interior Secretary Zinke Spend $139,000 On An Office Door?

2 Likes

He’s the Secretary of Interior Decoration, man! You can’t expect him to suffer with looking at an ugly door!

21 Likes

Records show the Interior Department spent nearly $139,000 last year for construction at the agency that was labeled on a work order as “Secretary’s Door Odor.”

FIFY!

The $139,000 was for a very challenging clean-up job. The stench is strong with that one.

13 Likes

Hoist the Flag, Boys, the Secretary is IN

Ditching his horse for a newly purchased 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Roadster ($149,000), Ryan Zinke arrives at the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building.

“It was a great bargain for the American people,” Zinke said of the car. “It was purchased for barely more than the cost of a door — and its got two them!”

13 Likes

Well, here’s the door. That $139,000 figure might have a huge rounding error.

18 Likes

Jeez, like some little 3rd world dictator.

11 Likes

Like?

16 Likes

Somebody needs to get a picture of this door. I cannot even imagine a $139,000 door. Maybe on the space shuttle? Even the one @yellowbeard posted is, I bet, $65,000 tops. Follow the money. Zinke is a snake.

16 Likes

why why why is this guy still in his job?

10 Likes

1 Like

Could it be ? ? …

The door that finally broke the agency’s back ? ?

…

12 Likes

For $139,000 that Interior door better be an exterior door.

15 Likes

I wondered when you were gonna let that one out …

4 Likes

The only way I can think a door could cost that much is if it was bombproof and virtually impenetrable.

8 Likes

Don’t let that $139,000 door hit you in the ass on your way out…

It’ll kill ya…

13 Likes

That’s no ’ entry level ’ comment … right there —

5 Likes

I actually did a project in a very high end Kansas City suburb, where a Kansas City Royal baseball player had a $125,000 door on his mansion, and that was probably 15 years ago.

Zinke’s just trying to make it to the big leagues…

10 Likes

Please tell us what made it so expensive.

6 Likes

Hey, I won’t have you slamming things here, it’s like you’re pre-hung with misconceptions…

6 Likes

I’m headin’ for the exit —

4 Likes