Discussion: Department Of Energy Nuclear Site Reportedly On Lockdown

Discussion for article #239486

ā€œā€¦one dog alerted on a vehicleā€¦ā€

Whaā€¦?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s code for took a piss on the tires.

1 Like

Probably a roach in the ashtray from a weekend ā€œBake Cruiseā€ā€¦

4 Likes

http://nbc26.tv/2015/08/17/lock-down-at-srs-bomb-squad-investigating-truck/
Dogs hit on truck restocking vending machines, looks like they picked the wrong week to start carrying dog biscuits in the vending machine

2 Likes

Thanks Obama!

7 Likes

Chemical sniffer dogs. Yes, nuclear power plants has them.

$800 billion on DHSā€¦ and a cocker spaniel does the job.

2 Likes

Only anti-science people would dare to question the basic safety of nuclear plants.

WTF? Since when did a crazy red-ass God-bothering Jeez-like product on crackers place like South freaking Carolina get NUKES? Does Congress know about this, or even the administration? Iā€™m no where South Carolina BY CHOICE, but I got relatives within medium missile delivery range of the Palmetto State! Does Chuck Schumer or any of the Chuckleheads in the Senate REALIZE those anti-science ballcap-wearing touoee-freaky faith-based chicken-fried wack-a-doodles have control over the most destructive force ever devised and possessed by humankind?

4 Likes

I agree that that makes no sense whatsoever. How does something, canine or otherwise, alert ON a vehicle? Does it mean ā€œalighted on a vehicleā€? (Not sure why they would mention it.) ā€œAlerted authorities about a suspicious package on a vehicleā€? (In which case, thatā€™s a lot of words left out.)

Truck probably drove through some fertilizer on the way to the site, since ammonium nitrate is considered ā€˜an explosive residue.ā€™.

2 Likes

no employees are being allowed to exit or enter the facility

Locked down in a nuclear facility with possible bomb in it? Iā€™d be looking for a new job.

Dog training lingo

1 Like

What? All that hot air they are emitting contains CO2?

Thanks for the information. Now if I can only get my dog to alert (only) on possible intruders rather than on every dog who happens to go walking by the house Iā€™ll be all set.

Indeed, that seems to be the lingo. A quick search on that Google-machine returns results mentioning dogs ā€œalertingā€ diabetic people of low blood sugar, ā€œalertingā€ their handlers of dope residue on cash and ā€œalertingā€ seizure-prone folks of a eminent seizure.

Iā€™m a little surprised by the glib comments here. This is very serious. This plant is a major terrorist target and using a vendor to sneak in a bomb is the perfect way to blow it up and rain down uranium and plutonium on potentially millions of people.

Itā€™s a big deal.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve been given the all-clear. So thatā€™s a relief.

1 Like